Journeyman Facilities Maintenance Engineer
Assist Facilities Supervisor in overseeing, maintaining, and improving all of creative werks’ buildings.
Responsibilities of the Position:
- Lead in the inspection, adjustment, preventive maintenance, and repair of HVAC equipment, air conditioning units, exhaust fans, air filters, and compressors
- Execute & Update Work Requests, Work Orders & Inspections thru CW’s CMMS.
- Monitor Thermostats and ensure facilities stay within the approved temperature ranges by zone.
- Repair and replace plumbing fixtures including sinks, toilets, faucets, and pipes (copper, PVC, black, etc.)
- Lay out and perform carpentry work including the construction, installation, remodeling and repair of cabinets, partitions, walls, windows, doors, roofs, foundations, and other carpentry work, as directed.
- Lead in the installation, maintenance, and repair of a variety of floor coverings
- Understand and operate a variety of mechanical tools and equipment, such as power saws, power sanders, drills, air compressors, sewer augers, and various hand tools required for carpentry, plumbing, and maintenance work.
- Read, interpret, and understand sketches, diagrams, and blueprints.
- Do take-offs and order materials for projects.
- Perform Painting projects.
- Measure and lay out a variety or construction and improvement projects.
- Lead the repair and maintenance of electrical lighting systems and fixtures, such as changing ballasts, transformers, bulbs, and life safety equipment.
- Lead in the installing and modifying the electrical systems, such as installing conduit, pulling wire, installing electrical devises and have an advanced understand of circuitry.
- Lead in the performance of preventive maintenance activities, and the maintenance of related records and logs.
- Perform inspection of the facilities to identify building maintenance needs and safety issues.
- Ensure all CW Facilities stay Food Safe Compliant and adhere to our internal Food Safety Policies & Expectations.
- Changing locks, repairing, or replacing door hardware.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Management
- Expert understanding of 2 or more of the following:
- Plumbing, Carpentry, Electrical and HVAC
- Emphasis in Electrical & HVAC is Preferred
- Certification, license, journeyman experience, or degree in at least 2 trades required.
- Functional understanding of all facets of building construction and repair
- Will require own set of Tools.
- Well organized with attention to detail.
- Ability to tackle multiple tasks simultaneously, without losing focus or attention on any one task.
- Not afraid to ask for help when needed.
- Self-motivated, with “ownership thinking” perspective applied to decision making.
- Valid driver’s license and insurability under the company’s insurance policy.
- Ability to use a personal computer to input and retrieve information. Basic familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in building/property maintenance, construction, or related engineering field – experience with commercial properties required.
- Minimum of 2 years leadership or training experience required.
- Office setting and warehouse environment with temperature range of 55 – 80 degrees
- Ability to work overtime, weekends, holidays, and on an on-call basis as needed.
- Employee will be required to drive to each of CW’s facilities and will receive a Mileage Expense based on current CW policy.
- Operate standard office equipment
- Reach with hands and arms
- Ability to use ladders, scaffolding, and/or a scissor lift while performing job duties.
- Job requires employee to walk, reach, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, and regularly lift and/or move 50 lbs., and occasionally lift and/or move heavy objects utilizing proper tools and leverage methods in excess of 75 lbs.
CREATIVE WERKS LLC At A Glance
Classet is a skilled trades network. Once you have applied, A Classet recruiter will reach out within 24 hours to learn more about your career search! Classet helps everyone from experienced crafstmen & women to eager apprentices find new opportunities. We are here to help you find the right fit for your career.