Irrigation Technician | Greater Cleveland Area
Additional Locations: NA
Primary Locations: OH, Avon, 4661 Jaycox Rd. Ste 101, 44011
Requisition ID: 190731
Maintain the irrigation system and grounds of assigned area by performing the following duties.
Will be working with our Avon, Macedonia and North Royalton offices. Jobs will vary throughout Northeast Ohio.
What You’ll Do:
- Cultivate your green career with us!
- Enhance the appearance and value of properties through installation and maintenance of all types of irrigation equipment in commercial landscapes.
- Troubleshoot and repair lines and sprinkler heads.
- Complete set-up for digital and analog timers.
- Maintain open communication with management and clients to provide feedback on irrigation needs.
- Drive, use, maintain and properly operate landscape equipment.
What We’re Seeking:
- Love of the outdoors
- Preferred: Experience in irrigation installation and maintenance
- Preferred: Knowledgeable on various controllers and the Rainbird, Maxicomm, and Hunter ICC systems
- Preferred: CLT certificate, plus related education in landscape or turfgrass
- Ability to complete the Davey landscape career development books upon hire
- Ability to complete the Davey first aid, CPR and defensive driving course upon hire
- Preferred: Relevant pesticide and related licenses and certificates, if required by state law
What We Offer:*
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- Opportunities for advancement
- All job specific equipment and safety gear provided
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with a company match
- Employee-owned company & discounted stock purchase options
- Group Health Plan
- Employee referral bonus program
- Locations throughout US in major cities and desirable areas
- Career Development Program supported by Industry Expert Safety Specialists & Skills Trainers
- Scholarship Program for Children of Employees
- Charitable matching gift program
- all listed benefits available to eligible employees
Invest in your future. Join one of the largest Employee Owned companies in the nation! Davey has a unique culture that focuses on the open exchanging of ideas, community partnership, a commitment to safety, and delivering unrivaled client service while acting as industry leaders in horticultural and environmental services.
We are currently looking to add a dynamic Irrigation Technician to our passionate team of landscape professionals. Your office is outdoors, and you get a new view every day!
The Davey Tree Expert Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to protected class, including race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national or ethnic origin, marital or familial status, disability, status as a protected veteran, status as an Aboriginal or Indigenous person, or other classification protected by law.
The Davey Tree Expert Company provides research-driven tree services, grounds maintenance and environmental consulting for residential, utility, commercial and environmental partners in the U.S. and Canada. We care about our clients, each other and the world around us. We offer the resources, size and stability of a big company while maintaining the culture, entrepreneurial spirit and feel of a small one. We invest in our employees by offering industry-leading training, technology and benefits that lead to a rewarding and safe work experience at all levels. Wherever you want to grow your career, there’s a place for you at Davey. To learn more, visit Davey.com.
If you need assistance at any time, please contact us at 1-877-411-7601 or at Recruiting@davey.com.
Employment Type: Permanent
Job Type: Full Time
Travel Expectations: Up to 25%
The Davey Tree Expert Company At A Glance
Classet is a skilled trades network. Once you have applied, A Classet recruiter will reach out within 24 hours to learn more about your career search! Classet helps everyone from experienced crafstmen & women to eager apprentices find new opportunities. We are here to help you find the right fit for your career.