This job posting has expired, no longer accepting applications, or has been filled.
Vortex Doors, America’s highest quality and most customer-centric commercial and industrial door repair company, is seeking Service Technicians to join our team of door industry professionals. We are considering applicants with door experience or entry level with no experience!
As an Service Technician, you will play a crucial role in installing, repairing, and maintaining various types of doors and related hardware, ensuring they function efficiently and safely. Your attention to detail, problem-solving abilities, strong mechanical aptitude, and commitment to quality workmanship will be essential in meeting our customers' needs.
- Door Installation: Install and repair a variety of commercial doors using appropriate tools and equipment.
- Repairs and Maintenance: Diagnose and conduct routine repair door-related issues, such as broken springs, hinges, locks, and electrical components.
- Hardware Installation: Install and configure door hardware, such as locks, handles, closers, and access control systems.
- Safety Compliance: Ensure that all installed doors meet safety and building code regulations and standards.
- Customer Service: Provide excellent customer service by addressing client inquiries, explaining repair processes, and offering solutions to door-related problems.
- Documentation: Maintain accurate records of service visits, repairs, and installations, and provide reports as required.
- Troubleshooting: Diagnose, identify, and resolve technical issues with doors efficiently. Communicate with customers offering cost-effective solutions.
- Quality Assurance: Perform quality checks on installations and repairs to ensure they meet company standards.
Great Reasons to Work at Vortex:
- Industry-Best Training.
- Commercial/Retail door opening, hardware, and storefront glazing training.
- Manual operated doors and dock equipment training for Industrial openings.
- Hollow metal door, frame, and hardware training.
- Strong Safety Culture.
- Positive Work Environment.
- Recognitions and Rewards.
- Comprehensive health benefits, 401K match, 8 company paid holidays, and PTO.
- Company provided uniforms and an annual boot allowance.
- Full-time shifts are available between Vortex business hours of 7:00 AM - 5:30 PM, Monday through Friday with potential overtime and on-call hours.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 2+ years’ experience in the commercial door service industry is a plus.
- Knowledge of various door types, brands, and hardware is a plus.
- Ability to use hand and power tools effectively.
- Excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Proficiency in performing mathematical calculations involving fractions and reading a tape measure accurately for precise measurements and installations.
- Good communication and customer service skills.
- Attention to detail and a commitment to quality workmanship.
- Knowledge of safety regulations and adherence to safety protocols.
- Valid driver's license with a clean driving record
- Physical ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Physical ability to continuously lift and bend, climb ladders up to 20’ in height, work on knees for extended periods of time and proficient operating power tools.
- Additional ongoing training provided.
VORTEX INDUSTRIES, LLC At A Glance
Classet is a skilled trades network. Once you have applied, A Classet recruiter will reach out within 24 hours to learn more about your career search! Classet helps everyone from experienced crafstmen & women to eager apprentices find new opportunities. We are here to help you find the right fit for your career.