Inside Sales Estimator
JOB TITLE: Inside Sales Estimator I
EMPLOYER: VAG USA, LLC | GA Industries brand
DEPARTMENT: Inside Sales
REPORTS TO: Inside Sales Manager
ABOUT US: GA Industries, founded in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania in 1895, is a leader in the manufacture of valves for industrial and municipal water and wastewater industries in the USA. GA Industries is owned and operated by VAG USA, LLC in Mars, Pennsylvania, USA. VAG USA, LLC is a member of theVAG Groupheadquartered in Mannheim, Germany.
VAG USA, aka GA Industries, plays a leading role wherever water is purified, conveyed, stored, and distributed. With a robust and growing valve-focused product line, our innovative and customized solutions are used in multiple applications and industries. With a focus on the customer, we set new standards in quality and service and strive for manufacturing excellence.
THE ROLE: We are currently seeking a motivated individual for our facility in Mars, Pennsylvania as an Inside Sales Estimator I. The primary responsibility of this role will be to generate quotations by gathering details and analyzing and compiling data to estimate all costs based on customer specifications. The successful candidate will need to consider items like raw materials, labor, equipment, tools, and freight for estimations. In addition to generating quotes, you will assist customers by answering phone calls for the main GA Industries customer service phone line. This will involve some cross-training knowledge of other departments. The ideal candidate will also demonstrate the desire and ability to identify business needs, areas of improvement, and objectives through research and data-backed decision-making that will empower them to make recommendations on appropriate business initiatives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage customers’ interface, including but not limited to:
- Clarification of technical details and commercial conditions
- Review and analyze specifications for products.
- Quote prices, propose and describe technical solutions, and credit terms according to bid specifications.
- Monitor the progress of outstanding requisitions.
- Ensure customer acceptance and satisfaction.
- Analyze costs to determine the profitability of orders received based on quoted prices.
- Develop procedures and provide technical information to field sales and third-party representatives to facilitate receipt of orders.
- Become familiar with our product offerings as well as a practical understanding of our competitor’s products.
- Emphasize product features based on analyses of customers' applications and assist customers in making product selections.
- Act as the company’s first point-of-contact in answering phone calls dialed into GA Industries company phone number
- Handle complaints, provide appropriate solutions and alternatives within the time limits, and follow up to ensure the resolution.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Leadership and Teamwork
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong analytical and organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Computer skills with SAP and Microsoft Office Suite required
VAG USA, LLC At A Glance
Classet is a skilled trades network. Once you have applied, A Classet recruiter will reach out within 24 hours to learn more about your career search! Classet helps everyone from experienced crafstmen & women to eager apprentices find new opportunities. We are here to help you find the right fit for your career.