Innovation Technician Trainee
What is this role about?
What does a “Day-in-the-Life” look like?
Here are a few specifics of what you would be doing each day:
- Setting up and building exclusion traps, cuts flashing and forms hardware cloth to specifications
- Removing animals trapped in exclusion devices
- Working in a safety harness from roof tops as needed in the performance of exclusion services and wildlife removal
- Interacting with customers and explaining services provided
- Completing production forms documenting services provided
What do I need to be successful?
- Being a high school graduate/having a GED and a valid driver’s license are both requirements
- Three to six months of related exclusion experience and/or training and six months of experience using hand tools and related equipment. The following are much more important…
- You are personable and enjoy interacting with customers
- You are self-motivated and have a strong work ethic
- You can effectively present information to customers one-on-one and in small groups
- You are detailed oriented and understand the importance of safety You have a good aptitude for basic math
- - necessary for doing calculations related to service
- Of course, given our business, you should be comfortable working outside and in confined spaces like crawl spaces and attics
- For safety reasons (rebreathers have be able to seal to your face) our Innovation Techs aren’t able to have facial hair
- Comprehensive training and licensure, all paid by the company
- Highly competitive compensation – earning potential of $30,000-50,000 in first year.
- Company provided vehicle (that you can take home with you at night) and gas card
- Opportunities for advancement and career growth – including paths into management level roles
- Medical, dental and vision coverage + discounts on Terminix brands
- Short/long-term Disability and Life Insurance
- Paid time off
A career with Rentokil can be a professional trajectory filled with opportunity. We pride ourselves on being a world-class team that rewards high performance, and we love to promote from within. We offer competitive pay and many of our roles offer performance incentives.
Below you'll find information about some of what Rentokil has to offer. All Full-Time Colleagues qualify for the following and Part-Time Colleagues qualify for most benefits after they meet certain criteria.
Professional and Personal Growth
Multiple avenues to grow your career
Rentokil is a Drug Free workplace
Training and development programs available
Tuition Reimbursement benefits (for FT Colleagues)
Health and Wellness
Health benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, and Life Insurance plus much more
Full-time colleagues are eligible to begin enrollment immediately upon hire with benefits starting on day 1
Savings and Retirement
401(k) retirement plan with company-matching contributions
Vacation days & sick days
Company-paid holidays & floating holidays
A company mindset that prioritizes health, safety, and flexibility
We are looking for individuals who want to make a difference where our customers live and work. Is that you?
Our companies are proud to be Affirmative Action (AA) and Equal Opportunity Employers (EOE) inclusive of veterans and those with disabilities.
By applying to this position, you consent to receive an initial text message to collect your communication preferences. Message and data rates may apply. You can opt-out any time.
Terminix At A Glance
Classet is a skilled trades network. Once you have applied, A Classet recruiter will reach out within 24 hours to learn more about your career search! Classet helps everyone from experienced crafstmen & women to eager apprentices find new opportunities. We are here to help you find the right fit for your career.