This job posting has expired, no longer accepting applications, or has been filled.
Industrial Repair Mechanic
IMMEDIATELY HIRING!!! – APPLY TODAY!!!
For more than a century, Goodyear has led the industry in manufacturing innovative tires that deliver the highest level of performance for everything from passenger cars and trucks to airplanes, heavy-duty mining equipment, and racecars. We are devoted to advancing tire technology, applying our innovations to new products that deliver confident mobility for drivers everywhere. If you are looking for a challenging, yet rewarding career path, you will enjoy being a part of the manufacturing team.
Shift: 1st shift 7am-3pm
Overtime is available
As a Repair Mechanic Associate, you will be responsible for troubleshooting, preventative maintenance, and repair of all plant equipment in one of Goodyear's Chemical manufacturing plants. Goodyear Chemical is a division of The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company which manufactures and markets rubber-related chemicals for various applications. You will also promote safety, environmental stewardship and housekeeping throughout the facility.
Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Troubleshoot, repair, install and lubricate industrial mechanical equipment, including safety guards and shields
- Interpret blueprints, schematics, sketches to determine correct work procedures
- Conduct preventative maintenance on equipment including but not limited to inspection, lubrication and alignment
- Rebuild pumps and various mechanical equipment as necessary following standard operating procedures
- Test systems, machines and other equipment; analyze and troubleshoot hydraulic systems
- Use precision maintenance tools and methods such as shaft alignment, belt tensioning, sprocket/pulley alignment, set bearing tolerances and proper fastener torque
- Inspect assemblies and installation for conformance to specifications using measuring instruments required
- Adhere to Goodyear's attendance policy
- Perform a variety of manual tasks in varying temperatures for extended periods of time, which may include lifting light to heavy materials, climbing, standing, squatting, bending, and working at heights when applicable
- HS Diploma/GED
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship now or in the future
- Required to lift heavy materials, climb, stand, squat, bend and work at heights with or without reasonable accommodations
- Must be able to successfully complete all post-offer, pre-employment contingencies
- Ability to work any and/or rotating shifts, weekends, holidays, or overtime if applicable
- Basic computer skills
- 2+ years' experience in maintenance (Millwright, Machinist or Hydraulics)
Goodyear At A Glance
Classet is a skilled trades network. Once you have applied, A Classet recruiter will reach out within 24 hours to learn more about your career search! Classet helps everyone from experienced crafstmen & women to eager apprentices find new opportunities. We are here to help you find the right fit for your career.