I & E Mechanic
The Electrical and Instrumentation (E&I) Technician provides hands-on support to resolve instrumentation and electrical problems as they occur.
Sample responsibilities include:
- Maintaining, troubleshooting and repairing chemical plant instrumentation and equipment including low and high voltages, valves, transmitters, controllers, and Distributed Control Systems (DCS)
- Investigation of equipment failures to include determining root causes, and recommending and implementing appropriate solutions to eliminate or reduce failures
- Assisting in the review, development and implementation of site preventative maintenance programs
- Participating in the planning and execution of chemical plant turnarounds
- 5+ years’ experience in an industrial chemical or manufacturing environment
- A strong background in control and instrumentation, including valves, transmitters, controllers, and DCS systems.
- Experience with electronic and digital process control systems, related loop equipment, electric motors, high voltage equipment, as well as control circuitry
- Familiarity with methods of level, temperature, pressure, and flow measurement, as well as knowledge relating to pneumatic and electronic instrumentation
- Have practical knowledge relating to electrical distribution, motors and motor control, conduit and wiring practices, lighting and grounding as well as familiarity with the National Electrical Code (particularly for hazardous locations)
- Process analyzer experience helpful but not required
- 2 year Associates degree in Electrical/Instrumentation program is preferred, or high school diploma/GED with apprenticeship followed by required experience
Eastman At A Glance
Classet is a skilled trades network. Once you have applied, A Classet recruiter will reach out within 24 hours to learn more about your career search! Classet helps everyone from experienced crafstmen & women to eager apprentices find new opportunities. We are here to help you find the right fit for your career.