This job posting has expired, no longer accepting applications, or has been filled.
Hotel Maintenance Engineer Manager
A Pearl Engineering Manager reports directly to the Chief Engineer and is responsible for creating leaders fostering the Pearl culture within the Engineering department for Pearl Hospitality. A Pearl Engineering Manager must ignite the human spirit by creating unrivaled hospitality experiences fueled by fun, enthusiasm and compassion that challenge each person to unlock their own potential.
The Engineering Manager is responsible for the successful operation and administration of the Engineering department. The Engineering Manager must ensure that the Engineering department is continually balanced, while focusing on providing exceptional customer satisfaction by continually training on the Pearl touch points of the hotel and ensuring associate focus on our Pearl touch points at all times. The Engineering department must be executed at the highest level of professionalism and courtesy. The Engineering Manager must drive results through effective hiring, training, coaching, counseling, leading, motivating and empowering all the associates. The Engineering Manager must work with the Chief Engineer to ensure maximization of profitability by controlling expenses through timeliness of inventory and proper par inventory control as well as proper training of Maintenance Engineers. The Engineering Manager must ensure that our associates and customers are always treated with the utmost respect since they are the key to our success. The Engineering Manager is to inspect all PM rooms, projects and work orders that the engineers have completed to ensure completed at a high level of integrity.
Responsibilities- (not limited to)
· Foster the Pearl culture
· Passion and commitment to the department at an ownership level
· Oversee and teach associates to inspire loyalty and maximize profitability
· Ensure compliance with brand standards as well as the Pearl standards and procedures
· Ensure hotel maintenance and cleanliness is maintained to the highest level with attention to detail
· Maintain effective and open communication
· Foster teamwork
· Control cost through execution of timely inventories and par controls
· Must possess high energy, professionalism and confidence every day and in every way
· Be a highly motivated and enthusiastic leader
· Service hotel pool within the guidelines of the health department with proper documentation
· Maintain property in accordance with fire, building and health codes
· Operation of heavy equipment
· Must be capable to successfully prioritize, delegate, organize and multi-task
· Conduct required Pearl stand-ups and meetings with enthusiasm and commitment to success
· Train Maintenance Engineers to deliver the best product at the highest standards
· Must be able to monitor monthly expenses in compliance with the budget
· Must always be able to conduct daily business with integrity and be ethical
· Treat guest, associates, vendors and co-workers with professionalism and respect always
· Must maintain a safe working environment through ongoing compliance of safety guidelines
· Ensure emergency procedures are understood by all through ongoing training and documentation
· Daily and ongoing hotel preventative maintenance program execution
· Attention to detail is a must for PM’s detail to ensure the highest quality standards
· PM’s should be scheduled appropriately with occupancy in mind
· Conduct fire drills as specified with proper documentation
· Execute annual inspections of fire extinguishers, elevators, fire equipment and all required equipment
· Execute PM’s (documented PM program) on all hotel equipment in a timely manner to ensure safety and asset care
· Ensure all personnel certification is current with regards to brand and health department requirements
· Execute all work orders in a timely manner with follow-up when needed
· Execute Maintenance department in compliance with hotel and brand standards
· Ensure all Maintenance Engineers are trained on “Lock Out Tag Out” procedure
· Must be able to coach and counsel and provide clear and concise direction
· Be able to work under pressure and meet or beat deadlines
· Effectively create a weekly schedule that reflects the occupancy for effective cost control
· Ensure proper training of all associates on all procedures and standards
· Ensure approved uniforms are always being worn with nametags
· Ensure all work areas, storage areas and maintenance carts are organized and well maintained
· Timely execution of associate evaluations
· Provide a well-maintained and comfortable room for each guest every day
· Provide well-maintained meeting areas, public areas and back of the house
· Proactively monitor guest satisfaction and effectively increase scores in each
· Interact positively with customers and take action to resolve issues to maintain high guest satisfaction
· Operate department in accordance with OSHA standards
· Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis
· Perform other tasks that are deemed necessary to the success of Pearl, the hotel and the associates
· Display proficiency in any three of the following categories, above average skills in three more of the following categories and basic skills in the remaining categories: air conditioning and refrigeration, electrical, mechanical, plumbing, pneumatic/electronic systems and controls, carpentry and finish skills, kitchen equipment, energy conservation, and/or general building.
· Display advanced ability to read standard blueprints and electrical schematics concerning plumbing and HVAC.
· Report any serious maintenance problems, unusual findings, or safety hazards immediately.
· Maintain daily logs of operation, maintenance, and safety activities, including test results, instrument readings, and details of equipment malfunctions and maintenance work.
- At least 5 years' experience in the Hotel Front Office
- 3 years minimum as a Supervisor or Assistant Maintenance Manager in other Full-service hotel chains.
- Strong technical skills in the installation, maintenance, and repair of tools, appliances, and equipment
- Knowledge of safety protocols and procedures
- Technical knowledge in HVAC, electrical systems, plumbing, and carpentry
- Familiarity with fire prevention and life safety systems
- Able to successfully prioritize, delegate, organize and multi-task
- Excellent Written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to effectively evaluate the work performance of maintenance Staff and provide ongoing training
- Must be able to coach and counsel and provide clear and concise direction
- Must be able to work well under pressure and meet or beat deadlines
- Desire to be in Leadership for self and others
- Ability to manage time skillfully
- Ability to make decisions using tact and diplomacy
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Working knowledge of various computer software programs (Office Suite), MS Office, Outlook, Excel, GSuite, Birchstreet, etc.
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
The Westin Houston Medical Center At A Glance
Classet is a skilled trades network. Once you have applied, A Classet recruiter will reach out within 24 hours to learn more about your career search! Classet helps everyone from experienced crafstmen & women to eager apprentices find new opportunities. We are here to help you find the right fit for your career.