Provides excellent guest service in an efficient, courteous professional manner; following standards of aggressively friendly hospitality while adhering to guidelines and procedures. Assist maintenance department with minor repairs and work orders.
Individuals serving as a Maintenance have access to guestrooms and property, character traits of honesty and trustworthiness are essential to this position. Therefore, associates must pass the appropriate security clearance, per company policy.
- Experience in similar capacities: lodging, housing, hospitals, care facilities all helpful, not mandatory.
SUMMARY OF ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Must be able to perform major life activities: Standing, lifting, bending, learning, reading, concentrating, thinking, and communicating.
For this position specifically:
- Must be able to push or pull 60 pounds and lift and/or carry 30 pounds.
- Must be able to stand for up to eight hours, bend, stretch, reach, climb, kneel.
- Must be able to see and hear.
- Must be able to speak and understand English, the ability to communicate in another language may be helpful.
- Must display professionalism, honesty and trustworthiness at all times.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
As Maintenance / Hotel Engineer with Homewood Suites you would be responsible for leading the functionality and safety of the facility to protect the well-being of all guests and team members
Manage and oversee the functionality and safety of the facility, including, but not limited to, physical buildings, mechanical equipment, electrical systems, heating and cooling systems, life safety systems and grounds according to federal, state and local regulations
Manage daily department operations including, but not limited to, guest service standards and initiatives, product quality, inventory management and cost controls, systems use and management, budgeting and forecasting
Assign, inspect and document completion of all routine maintenance and repairs in the property maintenance management system
Direct, oversee and maintain required documentation for energy management and conservation and preventive maintenance programs
Assists with directing outside contractors
Responds and coordinates responses to guest calls and emergency
- Assist with guest issues, being professional and maintaining a hospitable caring attitude.
- Maintain guest privacy.
- Follow procedures in the company systematic fashion.
- Basic maintenance repairs, leaking faucet, running toilet, etc.
- Must be able to work alone, without direct supervision
- Must be able to work as a team member
- Comply to all standards
- Be able to multi task, remain service centric.
- Communicate professionally with guests and co-workers.
- Perform minor trouble shooting and maintenance of hotel equipment.
- Responsible for setting up meeting rooms if applicable.
- Have a thorough knowledge of emergency procedures.
Standing, walking for long periods of time while maintaining a friendly professional image.
POSITIONS FOR POSSIBLE ADVANCEMENT
The next step for this position is in a training capacity or in either the front office, maintenance or in a food and beverage department. The ability to teach skills and competencies will enhance leadership skills in preparation for further promotion.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time as needed.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $15.00 - $17.00 per hour
- 8 hour shift
Facemask, gloves & hand sanitizer available for all hotel staff
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Houston, TX 77055: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Hotel Maintenance: 2 years (Required)
- Driver's License (Required)
Work Location: In person
Homewood Suites by Hilton Houston Memorial At A Glance
Classet is a skilled trades network. Once you have applied, A Classet recruiter will reach out within 24 hours to learn more about your career search! Classet helps everyone from experienced crafstmen & women to eager apprentices find new opportunities. We are here to help you find the right fit for your career.