Handyman - Luxury Residential Building
For over 100 years we have been dedicated to providing the best residential property management to co-ops, condos and rental properties throughout New York City and beyond. Ranked #1 among New York City's residential management companies, our mission is to provide our clients with superior and responsive management and accurate financial reporting that they can count on to improve their quality of life and valuation of their homes.
Exciting opportunity in our managed buildings throughout NYC ? we are seeking Handymen to join our team. We are seeking an experienced handyman who will provide support and assistance to the building manager on daily operations keeping the residential building running efficiently and properly.
Description of Job
The applicant must have relevant building maintenance skills including, plumbing, electrical, boiler, roof, windows as well as minor plaster and painting. Must be a dynamic, creative, self-starter with experience in all basic building systems (domestic water pumps, hot water, sump pumps etc, heat exchanges, cooling towers, fire and safety as well as electrical systems) as well as willing to undertake tasks such as light bulb replacement, snow removal and other duties deemed necessary by the Resident Manager.
Responsibilities include general maintenance, orderliness, and cleanliness to ensure the facilities and equipment in the building are in good working order at all times.
- Janitorial maintenance (cleaning facilities as needed)
- Builds and repairs cabinets, counters, closets etc. as needed
- Making minor electric repairs, plastering and painting as needed
- Minor plumbing which includes fixing leaks, washers, minor pipe replacements
- Repairs entrance and internal doors, locks, hinges
- Reporting any concerns to management
- Perform daily walk throughs of the mechanical spaces and building grounds
- Perform and complete work orders through BuildingLink
- Communicate directly with residents through a building email
- Undertake duties as assigned or emergency task
- Hourly Rates from $23 - $32 or as per union guidelines
- Applicants without a resume WILL NOT be considered
Douglas Elliman Property Management At A Glance
Classet is a skilled trades network. Once you have applied, A Classet recruiter will reach out within 24 hours to learn more about your career search! Classet helps everyone from experienced crafstmen & women to eager apprentices find new opportunities. We are here to help you find the right fit for your career.