Handyman - Home Care Specialist
DALLAS, TX / PART-TIME. FULL-TIME / HYBRID
Job Details: Full-time, flexible compensation structure
Qualifications: Extensive experience in residential home maintenance, including any relevant apartment and more focused on single-family home repairs. Experience working with high end homes is a plus. Excellent presentation, communication and customer service skills required!
ResView is revolutionizing the way our member homeowners experience maintenance and repairs through our dedicated home care specialist service. We prioritize saving our members time, money, and stress associated with homeownership and regular maintenance needs.
As a lead handyman you'll take the initiative to perform proactive home maintenance tasks, such as regular air filter replacements, fire detector testing, biannual gutter and drainage checks, scheduling HVAC servicing, and much more. Additionally, you'll organize community services, like coordinating holiday light installations, seasonal landscaping needs, or facilitating group discounts on our regular promotional services. You'll also handle one-time requests, including Ring doorbells, Nest installations or fixing malfunctioning light switches and outlets.
Within a single neighborhood, each specialist serves approximately 40 homes, establishing a strong bond with the community they support. At ResView, we provide you with streamlined communication technology, allowing you to focus on what you do best—assisting our valued members. Many of our specialists enjoy the benefits of salaried employment, including health insurance coverage – but that is not necessarily the only way to connect. ResView is dedicated to helping grow your career by offering access to training programs and promotion opportunities. We encourage women and under-represented minorities to apply. This is a remarkable chance to become an influential part of an early-stage company that is reshaping the home services industry with technology and relationships.
- Be ultra-responsive and delight our members by proactively maintaining major appliances and systems in each member's home
- Support the neighborhood by executing monthly promotions and tasks, such as group purchases and installations of CO monitors or pool devices
- Build strong relationships with our team and members to become a trusted home advisor, ensuring their continued membership
- Provide valuable feedback to headquarters to enhance our customer service and actively collaborate on implementing improvements in the field
- Proficient in maintenance, issue identification, and providing solutions for key home appliances such as refrigerators, dishwashers, ranges, hoods, ovens, faucets, garbage disposals, toilets, vent fans, HVAC systems, water heaters, etc.
- Providing solutions for non-electrical systems like gutters, windows, doors, vents, etc.
- Basic technological skills, including installation and modification of Wi-Fi systems, smart locks, doorbells, and thermostats
- Exhibit a strong attention to detail in finishing touches, such as clean caulk lines and impeccable painting and patching work
- Familiarity with basic electrical maintenance, including switch and outlet replacements, bulb and fixture installations, cord management, etc.
- Knowledge of basic plumbing maintenance, such as repairing or replacing drain and faucet leaks, unclogging drains, replacing drain hoses on washers, etc.
- Proficiency in painting and carpentry work, such as patching holes, painting, fitting locks and handles, etc.
- Able to do computer work, as well as photo management work for each job
- Effective communicator with a personable nature, building trust with customers through authentic, knowledgeable, and friendly interactions
- Solution-oriented mindset, maintaining a balance between speed, quality, and cost-effectiveness for the customer
- Desire to learn and grow in the field of home care
- Minimum of three years of experience in apartment maintenance AND three years of experience as a single-family home handyman or in the construction industry
- Licensed professionals, including general contractors, electricians, and plumbers, are encouraged to apply
- Ability to occasionally handle heavy, crouch, bend, reach or climb
- Insured and reliable work vehicle
- Necessary tools and applicable gear
- Property Maintenance and/or Construction experience
- Experience with electrical, plumbing, painting, HVAC, appliance repair and general landscaping is a plus and encouraged
- Health insurance
ResView At A Glance
Classet is a skilled trades network. Once you have applied, A Classet recruiter will reach out within 24 hours to learn more about your career search! Classet helps everyone from experienced crafstmen & women to eager apprentices find new opportunities. We are here to help you find the right fit for your career.