HVAC Technician (Okinawa, JPN)
Planate Management Group (PMG) is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) headquartered in Alexandria, Virginia, and Orlando, Florida USA with technical support centers in South East Asia and East Africa, that provide program management and facilities engineering services worldwide. Planate is a small business provider of planning, design, infrastructure management, technical consulting, engineering, and construction management services in support of the US Department of Defense (DOD) and its Service (Army, Air Force, Navy, Marine Corps) missions, along with other US federal agencies, all over the world.
As an HVAC Technician, you will play a pivotal role in providing engineering support at Kadena AFB in Okinawa, Japan. You will provide a full range of critical engineering and construction quality assurance and management and technical oversight. You will be responsible for performing technical inspections of mechanical work, monitoring the contractor's quality control program, and reviewing project drawings and specifications to ensure compliance.
- Ensure that the team performs the required contract work in accordance with the design documents.
- Review engineering shop drawings and determine if the contractor has complied with the final design parameters.
- Observe onsite construction and determine if construction elements are being installed, formed, and executed properly.
- Responsible for performing quality assurance tasks, ensuring contractor's work is properly inspected and corrective actions take place, ensuring materials meet contract, reviewing contractor submittals for compliance with contract requirements, and resolving conflicts.
- Monitor the construction contractor’s quality assurance and safety program.
- Monitor construction progress vis-à-vis the project schedule and submit weekly progress reports with recommendations based on the technical review of project documents and field inspections.
- Perform technical inspections of the mechanical engineering elements of the project.
- Understand and interpret mechanical engineering drawings and understand how this discipline fits in with other engineering disciplines.
- Prepare construction reports detailing construction progress.
- Identify and propose remedy to possible problems within the construction process.
- Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
- Must have a minimumum of 7 years of experience supervising mechanical features of work in the field from a construction company.
- Must possess an active secret clearance.
- Must be ready to be deployed to Okinawa, Japan or must be a US national in Japan.
- Experienced in assessing and responding to Requests for Information (RFI).
- Experienced in reviewing and evaluating design calculations and data from an engineering perspective.
- Knowledge of Construction Safety regulations, i.e. EM 385-1-1, OSHA, etc.
- Must be knowledgeable on International Codes, Construction Safety Regulations (EM 385-1-1, OSHA, etc), and Microsoft Suite.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Experience in preparing correspondence, written reports, and briefing clients and management personnel.
- In-depth knowledge of applicable codes related to mechanical engineering.
- Must be able to read design or construction drawings and be able to understand design narratives and calculations.
- Medical insurance
- 401K plan eligibility upon hire
- Health and Savings Account plan
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- Wellness Offering
- Training and Development
- License/Certification support
- Recognition and Rewards program
- Travel Insurance
Planate Management Group At A Glance
Classet is a skilled trades network. Once you have applied, A Classet recruiter will reach out within 24 hours to learn more about your career search! Classet helps everyone from experienced crafstmen & women to eager apprentices find new opportunities. We are here to help you find the right fit for your career.