This job posting has expired, no longer accepting applications, or have been filled.
HVAC Technician III
Make your mark at the world's largest HVAC company
What's in it for you?
- Factory Certified Training, Refrigeration Certification or other professional on the job training in the HVAC Industry
- The opportunity to work on all types of commercial equipment and cutting-edge technologies such as Intelligent Equipment, Magnetic Bearing Technology and VRF Technology
- Daikin Applied provides technicians with laptops, mobile devices, and other technologies
The Service Technician III will diagnose, repair, and perform preventative maintenance of commercial and industrial HVAC equipment. The Service Technician will also provide necessary training and guidance to Level I and II technicians. This role is also responsible for advanced troubleshooting, consistent and accurate delivery of assignments related to HVAC equipment, including but not limited to large and small rooftop units, split systems, air-cooled chillers, boilers, and centrifugal chillers.
- Perform maintenance of all HVAC & applied equipment.
- Repair and replace defective equipment, components, or wiring. Intermediate - advanced independent diagnostics, troubleshooting, pipefitting, and brazing of CAT I, II, and III equipment. Specific equipment responsibilities include but are not limited to the following (Category I): water-cooled single and dual centrifugal chillers up to 200-2700 tons, screw chillers up to 400 tons, air-cooled chillers up to 530 tons, centrifugal screw templifiers, and magnetic drive chillers 100-700 tons.
- Conduct warranty service application by independently inspecting and testing systems to verify functionality for all CAT I, II, and III equipment.
- Verify functionality of new CAT I, II & III equipment. Educate customers on proper use of equipment, maintenance schedule, and operating manual.
- Lead the rebuild and retrofit of CAT I, II and III level units. Direct technician Levels I and II through hands-on demonstration of the necessary steps and introduce centrifugal rebuilds.
- Adhere to Daikin and customer safety policies and OSHA guidelines by wearing personal protective equipment when completing service tasks and completing jobsite hazard assessment prior to initiating service.
- Demonstrate professionalism in appearance, verbal, and written communication. Interact with customer by offering status reports of service before, during, and after each call. Explain technical information to technical and non-technical audience.
- Communicate potential sales opportunities to the sales staff through the technician tip quote process. Identify and quote opportunities for minor repairs directly to the customer.
- Responsible for the mentorship of service technician levels I and II, and hands-on training of CAT I, II, and III equipment.
- Record and report billing, inventory, timecards, technician tip reports, product quality reports (PQR), and articles as required.
- Basic data entry and ability to navigate the use of email, internet, word processing programs. Download programs into CAT I-II equipment and Micro controllers. Analyze chiller trend data to ensure optimal performance.
- Ensure standards, policies, procedures, and maintenance of a clean work area are upheld at all times.
- May directly supervise the level I and II service technicians. Conduct supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; addressing complaints, and resolving problems.
- Participate in on call rotation.
- Follow all OSHA and Daikin Applied safety policies and procedures.
- Potential travel requirements with some overnight travel.
- Associate degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school, with a certificate in Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning.
- 5+ years related experience with increasing responsibility; or 7+ related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Valid driver's license and acceptable driving record
- State license or certifications as required by market
- EPA approved Universal Technician Certification required, as necessary
Nice to have:
- Previous experience in mentoring less experienced technicians.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software products
- Current first aid / CPR card, OSHA 10 Certification
Daikin Applied At A Glance
Classet is a skilled trades network. Once you have applied, A Classet recruiter will reach out within 24 hours to learn more about your career search! Classet helps everyone from experienced crafstmen & women to eager apprentices find new opportunities. We are here to help you find the right fit for your career.