HVAC Technician I
HVAC Technician I - 993149
Job Number: 503509
Work Type: Full Time with Full Benefits
Location: Fort Lauderdale-Davie, Florida
Department: Physical Plant
Categories: Facilities Management - Design, Construction, Maintenance, Skilled Trades
We are excited that you are considering joining Nova Southeastern University!
Nova Southeastern University (NSU) was founded in 1964, and is a not-for-profit, independent university with a reputation for academic excellence and innovation. Nova Southeastern University offers competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including tuition waiver, retirement plan, excellent medical and dental plans and much more. NSU cares about the health and welfare of its students, faculty, staff, and campus visitors and is a tobacco-free university.
We appreciate your support in making NSU the preeminent place to live, work, study and grow. Thank you for your interest in a career with Nova Southeastern University.
NSU considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status or any other legally protected status.
2. Assists HVAC Technician II in various duties such as installing small motors and controls, etc. to ensure assigned tasks are completed in a timely manner.
3. Maintains proper inventory level of equipment and tools in service vehicles to ensure availability.
4. Performs all duties in a safe manner and in accordance with established work procedures.
5. Performs other duties as assigned.
Available on call 24/7 for University emergencies.
2. Ability to work cooperatively with colleagues, supervisory staff at all levels and the NSU community.
3. Ability to express ideas effectively and concisely.
4. Ability to work effectively in a service oriented environment and with frequently changing priorities.
5. Ability to follow through and carry out assignments.
6. Problem solving skills and sound judgment.
7. Ability to understand and apply University and Departmental policies and procedures.
8. Knowledge of proper and safe use of tools, lubricating chemicals etc.
9. Knowledgeable in the procedures and safety measures in area(s) of specialty.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS / WORKING CONDITIONS:
1. Must be able to lift, carry, push or pull a variety of tools, equipment and materials.
2. Must be able to climb, balance, stoop, kneel and crouch to gain access to pipes, wiring and equipment.
3. Handles a variety of hand and power tools.
4. Near-visual acuity needed to read equipment diagrams and inspect parts.
5. Depth perception, field of vision and color vision needed in fitting and installing parts.
6. Exposed to wet and very hot conditions.
7. Exposed to noise and vibration from operating machinery.
8. Must be able to lift any trade tools, material and equipment.
9. Must be able to reach overhead.
10. May be required to work in confined areas to access equipment.
2. Have and maintain a valid Florida Drivers License with no more than three (3) points.
2. Two (2) or more year's air conditioning experience.
To ensure a safe learning environment for students and staff, as a condition of employment the selected candidate will need to provide proof of a completed COVID-19 vaccination prior to commencement of employment or an approved exemption and reasonable accommodation.
Advertised: Jan 25, 2023 Eastern Standard Time
Nova Southeastern University At A Glance
Classet is a skilled trades network. Once you have applied, A Classet recruiter will reach out within 24 hours to learn more about your career search! Classet helps everyone from experienced crafstmen & women to eager apprentices find new opportunities. We are here to help you find the right fit for your career.