This job posting has expired, no longer accepting applications, or have been filled.
Since its foundation in 1986, Thompson Construction Group, Inc. has grown from a small, local company into one of the largest privately held companies based in South Carolina. Our diverse services portfolio includes capital projects, power services, maintenance services, disaster recovery, hydro consulting and commercial construction. We believe in investing in our employees to help them reach their professional goals, as well as their personal goals. Thompson promotes a work environment that fosters learning, leadership, and development along with a safety culture that never waivers. Thompson is headquartered in Sumter, South Carolina with offices spanning the United States, primarily southeast and central United States.
Responsible for the installation, maintenance and repair of HVAC systems utilizing knowledge of refrigeration theory, electrical schematics, pneumatics and electronic control systems, pipe fitting, welding and brazing and mechanical layouts.
- Responsible for servicing HVAC equipment on assigned projects and ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Perform repairs, overhauls, and start-ups of commercial HVAC systems.
- Uses a variety of hand tools, following blueprints, wiring diagrams, piping schemes or engineering specifications, to diagnose and repair units.
- Identifies, analyzes, diagnoses and repairs HVAC systems.
- Performs preventative maintenance, and modifications as needed or requested by customers.
- Maintains tools and equipment by inspecting for signs of wear.
- Documents work by completing paperwork on each job and maintaining files.
- Provides technical support to customers.
- Flexibility to work overtime/weekends as required.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have prior HVAC experience in all aspects of commercial and industrial HVAC including copper and duct work.
- Ability to troubleshoot, repair, diagnose and maintain related HVAC equipment (split systems; both water and air cooled), chillers, water source equipment, electric heaters, etc.
- Must have knowledge of AHU, RTU, VAV, CRAC, VRG, OAF, EF, chillers, boilers, duct systems and line sets.
- Universal EPA certification.
- Must be able to read, write and communicate clearly with supervisor/co-workers and understand direction from supervisor/client.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds, climb, bend, twist, stand and reach repetitively, operate moving equipment, and work in hot/cold/damp/cramped environments.
- Candidate may be required to pass a drug test and criminal background check.
- We strive to provide a competitive compensation and benefits package. This includes but is not limited to medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k), wellness programs and career development.
Thompson Construction Group, Inc. At A Glance
Classet is a skilled trades network. Once you have applied, A Classet recruiter will reach out within 24 hours to learn more about your career search! Classet helps everyone from experienced crafstmen & women to eager apprentices find new opportunities. We are here to help you find the right fit for your career.