- Williamsburg, Virginia, United States
- Full time
Amentum is seeking a HVAC Technician located in the Williamsburg area of Virginia. Installs, services and repairs environmental-control systems in residences, department stores, office buildings, and other commercial establishments, utilizing knowledge of refrigeration theory, pipefitting and structural layout, mounts compressor and condenser units on platform or floor, using hand tools, following blueprints or engineering specifications, fabricates, assembles and installs ductwork and chassis parts, using portable metalworking tools and welding equipment, and installs evaporator unit in chassis or in air-duct system, using hand tools
- Knowledge of International Mechanical Code (IMC) required.
- Ability to read blueprints, manuals, and construction drawings.
- Must have experience servicing, troubleshooting, diagnosing, repairing and installing HVAC systems and related equipment.
- Troubleshoots equipment for HVAC issues to prevent malfunctions and/or identify opportunities for improvements.
- Responsible for troubleshooting HVAC issues, repairing, replacing, and maintaining the equipment on the base by responding promptly to equipment breakdowns and repairing the equipment in a timely manner.
- CFC certification.
- Maintain and repair as needed all indoor / outdoor HVAC systems to include all associated controls.
- Experience with chillers, AHUs, residential & commercial systems, compressors, and refrigeration is desired, but not required.
- Repair and replace as needed motors, contacts, relays, motor starters, and motor sheaves, wiring as it pertains to HVAC equipment.
- Skilled in use of tools common to the trade including electric meters
and hand held powered tools.
- Performs preventive maintenance for HVAC equipment throughout base.
- Performs general maintenance tasks necessary for repair at the property.
- Responds to maintenance calls, troubleshooting and repairing issues.
- Install new HVAC equipment and performs project work for the base.
- Prepares estimates, man hours, materials used and orders items needed for job completion or inventory replacement per established procedures.
- Follows all policy, procedures and service standards and complies with all current related safety and health requirements.
- Ability to work independently or in a team-driven setting.
- Basic decision-making skills; uses independent judgment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to climb stairs and ladders to include extension ladders
repetitively during the shift
Amentum At A Glance
Classet is a skilled trades network. Once you have applied, A Classet recruiter will reach out within 24 hours to learn more about your career search! Classet helps everyone from experienced crafstmen & women to eager apprentices find new opportunities. We are here to help you find the right fit for your career.