HVAC Sheet Metal Installer Apprentice - Denver
HVAC Sheet Metal Installer - Apprentice
Air Comfort, Inc. is a locally owned and operated company since 1995, serving Northern Colorado, Denver, the Front Range, and parts of southern Wyoming. Our HVAC products and service offering includes but is not limited to new construction, remodel, retrofit, design-build, design-assist, commercial service and maintenance, in-house sheet metal fabrication, energy efficient ”green” technology, BACnet building automation, and in-house HVAC system start-up and commissioning.
- Learn company safety policies and procedures.
- Must know industry terminology and proper usage.
- Industry tools - must know the proper ways of using all sheet metal tools that are used daily on a job site as well as be able to use said tools in an efficient and timely manner per safety and hazard standards.
- Industry standards - must know how to cut in or drill basic accessories for ductwork, install basic duct work, fittings, “B”-type vents, PVC vent, combustion air, condensate drain, low voltage electric skills, and control wiring for units.
- Must know basic mechanical code requirements as well as company quality control measures.
- Must be able to assist in sheet metal/HVAC installation or assemblies in the shop, buildings, or worksites.
- Must be able to assist with the set-up and operation of sheet metal/HVAC equipment and machinery.
- Must be able to assist with loading and unloading installation equipment and materials, as well as prep sites for jobs. This includes maintaining and cleaning materials, tools, and job locations to ensure a safe and hazard free work environment.
- Must be able to assist with cleaning work areas, as well as restock supplies and materials as necessary.
- Must be able to assist with helping maintain company equipment, tool, and vehicles.
- Develop blue print reading skills to identify equipment and material locations.
- Must obey supervisors and take instruction regarding processes, safety, and experience including travel, functionality, and moving equipment or tools.
- Must be accountable for work time, including clocking in and out of a job site at appropriate times daily.
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Must have at least 1 year of HVAC Sheet Metal install experience
- Must be able to perform work from ladders, mechanical lifts, or in opposing spaces
- Must possess a mechanical aptitude
- Must maintain a great work ethic with the desire to advance professionally and personally
- Must have reliable transportation
- Must have a positive and trainable attitude while functioning agreeably with different individuals from other levels of work
- Must be able to attend company training provided
- Must be able to work flexible hours depending on project requirements (Standard hours are 7:00am to 3:30pm)
- Must own or be willing to purchase all tools required for the level of work or advancement
- 401(k) 4% Match
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
Air Comfort, Inc At A Glance
Classet is a skilled trades network. Once you have applied, A Classet recruiter will reach out within 24 hours to learn more about your career search! Classet helps everyone from experienced crafstmen & women to eager apprentices find new opportunities. We are here to help you find the right fit for your career.