HVAC Service Technician (Serviceman)
Country:United States of America
Location:CAC32: CCS-Centennial 8100 Akron St. Suite 322, Centennial, CO, 80112 USA
As a Journeyman with Carrier, you will uniquely impact our customers, becoming the face of the confidence we stand by while ensuring their comfort. Your knowledge of Commercial HVAC will be critical in working on a variety of installations, repairs, and maintenance projects. Chances to work independently and as a team will highlight your ability to both collaborate and individually make on-the-job decisions. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is passionate about their trade and wants to take their skills to the next level.
At Carrier, we value our partnerships with our Union workers and are committed to providing payment for all travel time incurred; plus, Carrier has an on-call schedule that helps ensure better work-life balance, with on-call rotation being held every 7-8 weeks
- Diagnosing mechanical and electrical malfunctions and making recommendations
- Performing regularly scheduled maintenance on heating and cooling units
- Installing, replacing, or repairing equipment; including the need to calibrate thermostatic controls; worn heating, ventilation and air-conditioning parts and equipment; repair or replace low- and high-pressure liquid lines etc.
- Assembling and installing metal ductwork
- Assisting in planning and designing of new installations of heating and air-conditioning systems
- Providing estimates of materials required
- Repairing and replacing damaged parts and equipment
- Reading blueprints, floor plans and wiring diagrams
- Reading and interpreting City, State, and EPA regulations
- Establishing and maintain effective relationships with customers and their representatives
- Safely operating company vehicles, machinery, and equipment
- Recognizing risks and safety hazards commonly found in HVAC operations, and implementing appropriate controls to ensure safe work; collaborate with management personnel to maintain safe working environments
- Identify situations that require escalation or elevation to Supervisor or Manager for guidance or need to request additional support
- Regularly rig and properly set up gantry for safely lifting equipment, overhauling pumps, chillers etc.
- Participating in all required safety training and actively carry all state or national required licensing.
As a journeyman, you understand the importance of providing expert and quality service. We are looking for an individual who has:
- High School Diploma/GED
- A minimum of 2 years practical working experience in the HVAC Industry
- Must be able to lift 50lbs or more
- Must be able to stand, crawl, sit, squat of extended period of times
Other experience and qualities you may have that would be beneficial in this role include:
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Experience using Salesforce and ServiceMax is a plus
- This role may also require passing examination regarding the abilities and know how of Building Trades Journeyman, conducted by an Examining Board
Job Applicant’s Privacy Notice:
Click on this link to read the Job Applicant’s Privacy Notice
Pay Range:$25.96 - $58.65 per hour
Carrier is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Job Applicant's Privacy Notice:
Click on this link to read the Job Applicant's Privacy Notice
Carrier At A Glance
Classet is a skilled trades network. Once you have applied, A Classet recruiter will reach out within 24 hours to learn more about your career search! Classet helps everyone from experienced crafstmen & women to eager apprentices find new opportunities. We are here to help you find the right fit for your career.