This job posting has expired, no longer accepting applications, or have been filled.
HVAC Service Technician
DMG Corporation is a regional, independent sales agency for premier HVAC equipment representing engineered products designed and customized to meet our customer's specific needs. Distinguished company with excellent benefit package, including paid time off, paid holidays and top tier medical, dental & vision coverage options available. Headquartered in Orange, California we are growing and looking for talented, dedicated people to join our Team.
We have an immediate opening for a full-time HVAC Service Technician in our DMG Service & Control Division. This position will be based out of our corporate office in Orange. A DMG service van and all applicable equipment are provided.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Promote goodwill with customers who own, purchase, or specify DMG equipment and ensure their customer experience is positive.
- Perform inspections of DMG equipment prior to start-up and commissioning to verify equipment is installed correctly and in accordance with manufacture's installation guidelines.
- Counsel contractor customers who install DMG equipment incorrectly on proper install.
- Startup and commission DMG equipment.
- Train end users on the proper operation and maintenance of DMG equipment.
- Initiate and follow through with warranty claims on DMG equipment, which may entail diagnosis and repair at job sites.
- Troubleshoot and resolve controls and start up issues in the field.
- Be the technical expert on all DMG equipment.
- Maintaining good working relationships with DMG Sales Engineers and customers through verbal and written correspondence
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Standard practices of the HVAC trade.
- Theory of HVAC and refrigeration systems.
- Computer Usage: Basic data entry and ability to navigate the use of email, internet, word processing programs, and service tools.
- Materials, methods, and tools used in the operation and repair of HVAC and refrigeration
- Manual and electrical tools and equipment applicable to the HVAC and refrigeration trade.
- Brazing and soldering techniques.
- Health and safety regulations.
- Basic record-keeping techniques.
- Proper methods of storing equipment, materials, and supplies.
- Perform skilled mechanical maintenance duties in the inspection, repair, installation of HVAC
- Perform preventive maintenance and routine servicing of equipment.
- Diagnose defects, and install, repair, and maintain heating, ventilating, and air-conditioning units.
- Follow oral and written instructions.
- Operate specialized machinery, equipment, and tools in the repair of HVAC equipment.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Understand and follow oral and written directions.
- Work cooperatively with others.
- Work independently with little direction.
- Meet schedules and timelines.
- Maintain routine records and prepare reports.
- Routinely lift objects weighing up to 70 lbs.
- Lift heavy objects.
- Work is performed while standing, sitting and/or walking.
- Requires the ability to communicate effectively using speech, vision, and hearing.
- Requires the use of hands for simple grasping and fine manipulations.
- Requires bending, squatting, crawling, climbing, and reaching.
- Requires the ability to lift, carry, push, or pull medium weights, up to 75 lbs.
- Requires activities involving being around moving machinery, exposure to marked changes in temperature and humidity, and exposure to dust, fumes, and gases.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. Certificate
- Trade School Certification in HVAC
- Valid CA Driver License
- Active EPA Universal Section 608 Certification
- R410a Certification
DMG Corporation At A Glance
Classet is a skilled trades network. Once you have applied, A Classet recruiter will reach out within 24 hours to learn more about your career search! Classet helps everyone from experienced crafstmen & women to eager apprentices find new opportunities. We are here to help you find the right fit for your career.