HVAC Service Technician
Woodfin-Your Home Team is searching for an experienced HVAC Service Technician to join our team! The mission of the HVAC Service Technician is to provide a full range of installation, repair, and upgrade services for a wide range of heating and cooling products, including air conditioners, heat pumps, furnaces, fan coils, and thermostats in residential settings.
The Richmond Times Dispatch has consistently voted Woodfin Your Home Team as a Top Workplace since 2020, perhaps because Woodfin not only invests in its employees, but their families as well. World-class companies are made up of talented people, and Woodfin-Your Home Team has the most talented people - and it's not by chance. The way Woodfin hires, trains, and rewards employees reflects the belief in the importance of quality people. Woodfin is proud to be a hometown company and customer service is critical, so we hire hard-working people. The next step is to provide these hard-working individuals with the training and equipment they need to be highly effective in their jobs. Additionally, Woodfin-Your Home Team provides more than just benefits, such as: work-life balance, paid training and apprenticeships, wellness programs, and so much more. Apply now if you would like to work for an organization centered on the core values of Humility, Integrity, and Respect!
- Diagnoses cause of problems and/or failures in heating/air conditioning systems for the purpose of identifying equipment and/or systems repair and/or replacement needs.
- Inspects HVAC systems and their components (e.g., heating units, building exhaust fans, ventilation units, etc.) to evaluate condition, identify necessary repairs, and recommend preventive maintenance.
- Installs heating and air conditioning equipment and systems to provide enhanced and/or upgraded capabilities.
- Performs routine and preventive maintenance as needed for the purpose of ensuring the ongoing functioning of HVAC systems.
- Repairs heating and air conditioning systems and/or components (e.g., pumps, motors, air handlers, fan coils, piping, etc.).
- Maintains vehicle, tools, and equipment for the purpose of ensuring availability and safe operating condition.
- Participates in meetings, workshops, training, and seminars as assigned to gather information required to perform or enhance job functions.
- Prepares written materials (e.g., repair status, activity logs, work orders, etc.) for customers as well as supervisors to document job status.
- Requests equipment and supplies to maintain inventory and ensure availability of items required for installation and/or repair.
- Coordinates with other trades for the purpose of completing projects and work orders efficiently.
- Responds to emergency situations during or after hours for the purpose of resolving immediate safety concerns.
- Able to troubleshoot and repair residential HVAC equipment in an efficient and professional manner.
- Committed to safety in the use of all hand and power tools and must have solid interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Valid drivers license and a clean driving record.
- Safety and customer service oriented.
- Fluent English-speaking and writing skills.
- Neat, clean, and professional appearance.
- Organized and detail oriented.
- Strong multi-tasking capabilities.
- Team player.
- Able to work irregular and extended hours, including an on-call schedule.
- Must be able to crawl, kneel, squat, and climb.
- Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds on a regular basis, unassisted.
- Must be able to stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- A diverse, family-oriented company culture that promotes a healthy work/life balance
- A 401K with both Roth and Traditional pre-tax options, managed through Empower with a company match of 25% - up to 6% of your annual income
- Medical Insurance coverage through Anthem 3 plan options available
- Health Savings Account available through qualifying medical plans
Woodfin-Your Home Team At A Glance
Classet is a skilled trades network. Once you have applied, A Classet recruiter will reach out within 24 hours to learn more about your career search! Classet helps everyone from experienced crafstmen & women to eager apprentices find new opportunities. We are here to help you find the right fit for your career.