HVAC Service Technician - Residential Heating & Cooling
HomeServe, year after year named a certified Great Place to Work, provides emergency repair plans which are like roadside assistance for your home. Our vision is to become the first place people turn to for home repairs. With more than 1,800 employees in the US, our incredible growth is fueled by a dynamic team who values collaboration, innovation and delivering exceptional customer service, all while working in a fun and friendly environment. Come see why you should work for HomeServe!
Join HomeServe and receive a $5,000 sign on bonus; payable after 60 days from your start date.
Pay range for this role is between $30.69 - $42.79/hr to start. There is also bonus potential, overtime opportunity, company take home van with gas card and great benefits including a retirement package with company matching and much more.
Listen to a HomeServe Technician speak about his experience with the company and why you should consider a career with us by clicking on the link below:
HVAC Service Technician: Ensures the proper operation and performance of customers’ heating/air conditioning systems in a residential environment. Identify, repair/replacement needs necessary to maintain equipment and systems; providing necessary information on the proper uses of the equipment; and ensuring adequate materials are available and on-hand to perform all necessary service.
- Coordinates with Dispatch and management team to ensure work orders are accurately received and attended to in a timely manner based upon established goals and service standards.
- Diagnoses malfunctions of heating/air conditioning/systems and/or components in residential HVAC units for the purpose of identifying repair/replacement needs necessary to maintain equipment and systems.
- Repairs heating/air conditioning systems and related equipment and/or components (e.g. unit heaters, pumps, safety controls, valves, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring operation of equipment.
- Manage repair costs while minimizing inefficiencies.
- Achieve all first-time fixes, productivity, customer service and other performance goals in a consistent manner.
- Maintains tools, supplies and/or equipment (e.g. torches, cutters, drills, test equipment, filters, control components, fan blades, gaskets, seals, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring the availability of items and equipment is in safe operating condition.
- Manage and maintain appropriate inventory ensuring availability of required parts and equipment on an ongoing basis.
- Repairs various items, systems and/or components (e.g., air conditioning systems, heating units such as: steam boilers, forced hot water, and hot air systems.) for the purpose of providing renovation and preventive maintenance of heating/air conditioning and refrigeration systems.
- Requests equipment and supplies for the purpose of maintaining inventory and ensuring availability of required items.
- Responds to emergency situations for the purpose of resolving immediate safety concerns.
- Transports various items (e.g. tools, equipment, supplies, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring the availability of materials required at job site.
- Must be able to work independently and have good customer communication skills.
- Others duties as assigned
- Minimum requirement is a High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
- Strong HVAC Experience in Residential Areas
- Light Electrical (schematics)
- Universal Certification for recovery and installation of refrigerants
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Ability to speak, read, and write English in a proficient manner
- At least 5 years field experience in heating and air conditioning or 2 years educational experience with at least 2 years field technical experience
- Must be familiar with and able to utilize electronic equipment, including, but not limited to a computer, for the purposes of queries’ and accurate data entry
- Demonstrated knowledge and competency in operation, service and use of a variety of HVAC systems, equipment and related components
HomeServe Energy Services At A Glance
Classet is a skilled trades network. Once you have applied, A Classet recruiter will reach out within 24 hours to learn more about your career search! Classet helps everyone from experienced crafstmen & women to eager apprentices find new opportunities. We are here to help you find the right fit for your career.