HVAC Service Technician
Voted one of the Best Employers in NC in 2016 and 2017 by Business North Carolina Magazine , Heat Transfer Sales of the Carolinas is actively seeking a qualified Commercial HVAC Service Technician.
Our Mechanical Equipment technicians are responsible for trouble shooting, repairing and maintaining commercial mechanical equipment. Our technicians will work with extremely specialized equipment, that are responsible for hydronic heating and domestic water in schools, hospitals, office buildings, industrial buildings, universities, manufacturing facilities or other large institutions.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities:
- Uphold and adhere to HTS Core Values
- Build strong customer relationships and confidence in HTS and our core products, while also building knowledge and understanding of new and existing customer needs and expectations
- Perform technical level support/repairs, overhauls, general maintenance and start-ups of various mechanical commercial equipment such as Boilers, WH, Pumps, Humidifiers, Booster Systems, VFD, etc…
- Diagnose and troubleshoot commercial Mechanical/Plumbing equipment
- Ensure customer satisfaction and confidence by efficiently and effectively servicing products and equipment on assigned projects
- Must be able to plan ahead for jobs, ensuring you have the proper tools
- Identifies, analyzes, diagnoses, and repairs systems and products at customer's location
- Provide onsite preventative maintenance, replacement parts, and modifications as needed or requested by customers
- Proactively prevent future issues onsite by examining building layout, gathering materials and coordinating as needed
- Ability to use power tools, computer, IPhone and IPad
- Strong computer, internet and communication skills needed
- Keeping appropriate records by completing the necessary paperwork for each job and working with Service Manager to maintain accurate and updated files
- Maintain project expenses through planned course of action
- Maintain and inspects vehicles by checking vehicle condition, inventory needs, scheduling and completing repairs and routine maintenance service
- Working knowledge of mechanical systems
Education and Experience:
- Successful completion of trade/vocational school and minimum of 5 years commercial and/or industrial service experience preferably in the mechanical industry or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Boiler, water heater and/or pump repair/ service experience preferred
- Ability to apply educational background to system design and equipment selection
- Experience and familiarity of our products and line of business a plus
- Universal EPA Certification preferred but not required
- Occasional sitting, pushing and pulling, frequent stooping, crouching, kneeling, balancing and climbing; constant standing, walking, reaching and gripping
- Vigorous and physically demanding schedule
- Lifting from floor to overhead, with occasional lifting up to 115 lbs., frequent lifting up to 50 lbs. and constant lifting up to 25 lbs.
- Flexibility to work overtime and/or weekends as required
- Overnight stays often required
- Frequent travel required in NC, SC and /or VA
Heat Transfer Sales of the Carolinas, Inc At A Glance
Classet is a skilled trades network. Once you have applied, A Classet recruiter will reach out within 24 hours to learn more about your career search! Classet helps everyone from experienced crafstmen & women to eager apprentices find new opportunities. We are here to help you find the right fit for your career.