HVAC Service Technician
Summary: Responsible to meet clients at their homes or places of business to troubleshoot, diagnose, and fix HVAC equipment. Strong interpersonal skills are a must in this dynamic role. Must have the technical skills to identify HVAC problems, and the communication skills to explain what needs to be repaired, installed, or replaced, and why.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for service calls, performing preventive maintenance, and/or troubleshooting malfunctioning systems/equipment to determine the nature of the problem.
- Locate & diagnose any problems, assessing the extent of repairs on all HVAC equipment makes and models.
- Describe the diagnosis and repair options to the customer.
- Complete all required documentation on services and explain guarantees/warranties.
- Responsible for collecting all required paperwork and delivering it to the office.
- Possess appropriate tools to perform required responsibilities (i.e. gauges, voltmeter, power tools)
- Maintain availability to cover emergency calls.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- OSHA 10-hour certification.
- Five (5) years of relevant experience in residential or commercial HVAC.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
Skills and Abilities:
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, industry-specific and/or related software.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand English.
- Bilingual skills are a plus.
- Great customer service skills
- Understanding of advanced principles of air conditioning and heating.
- Proficient in reading schematics.
- Knowledge of heat awareness, with the ability to recognize and act appropriately upon witnessing or experiencing symptoms
- Ability to work in confined spaces.
- Ability to work after hours, over weekends, and on public holidays.
- Multi-tasker who enjoys working in the field with diverse teams on varied projects.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Proof of authorization to work in the U.S
- Current, valid driver's license
- Continuous personal automobile liability coverage
- Background Check
- Drug test
PROGRESSIVE CONSTRUCTION INC At A Glance
Classet is a skilled trades network. Once you have applied, A Classet recruiter will reach out within 24 hours to learn more about your career search! Classet helps everyone from experienced crafstmen & women to eager apprentices find new opportunities. We are here to help you find the right fit for your career.