HVAC Service Technician
- Paid Training
- Careers Advancement Opportunities
- Flexible Scheduling - Weekend Rotations
- Competitive Compensation
- Year-Round Work
- Spiffs, Rewards, & Employee Contests
Customer-based activities involved in this position require an individual who is decisive, tactful, dependable, and who possesses initiative and the ability to communicate well with all customer groups. A Service Technician must be able to accurately diagnose and efficiently accomplish a job to the mutual benefit of the customer and Foster Plumbing & Heating, Inc. Job-related contact can occur with virtually all demographic groups, with the majority of the contacts being service customers, other Foster Plumbing & Heating, Inc. technicians, the Service Manager, Dispatcher and the Parts Runners. Representative duties include:
- Serving as a member of ad hoc Service Department teams which are organized to conduct HVAC servicing jobs promptly and efficiently.
- Performing routine HVAC service activities without direct oversight or on-site assistance.
- Assisting the Senior Service Technician(s) in the training of other Foster Plumbing & Heating, Inc. employees on service-related subjects, including call-back prevention and equipment protocols.
- Conducting point-of-work sales of IAQ services, unit components, unit replacements, add-on units, and residential service contracts.
- Developing lead referrals for the sales staff.
- Conducting non-service work in support of the IAQ and Installation Departments, as assigned.
- Performing related duties as directed by the Service Manager.
- High school graduate and graduate of a post-secondary HVAC program of instruction of two or more years in duration.
- One or more years of successful experience, either as a commercial service or installation technician.
- Good verbal and reading skills, including the ability to read and apply manufacturers' instructions and to clearly communicate with residential and commercial customers, suppliers, and other Foster Plumbing & Heating, Inc. employees.
- Physical ability to perform all duties noted above under the conditions, circumstances, and extreme weather conditions found in (VA).
- Interest and initiative in maintaining and advancing his or her HVACR skills through a combination of self-study, company training, manufacturers' workshops, and other professional development activities.
- Current (VA) operator's license and the ability to operate all vehicles in the corporate fleet within 30 days of initial employment. Incumbent must be insurable by current Foster Plumbing & Heating, Inc. insurance carrier
- Ability to work under pressures of time, a non-standard schedule, weather, customer needs, and backlog constraints.
Foster Plumbing & Heating, Inc. At A Glance
Classet is a skilled trades network. Once you have applied, A Classet recruiter will reach out within 24 hours to learn more about your career search! Classet helps everyone from experienced crafstmen & women to eager apprentices find new opportunities. We are here to help you find the right fit for your career.