HVAC Service Technician
The duties of the Customer Service HVAC Tech is the installation, maintenance and repair of both residential and commercial HVAC. Customer Service HVAC Tech’s are responsible to perform a variety of services ranging from troubleshooting to repair.
- Responsible for servicing products and equipment on assigned projects and ensuring customer satisfaction
- Makes decisions by analyzing information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems
- Uses a variety of hand tools, following blueprints, wiring diagrams, piping schemes or engineering specifications, to diagnose and repair units
- Replaces water heaters, repairs, replaces, and maintains gas valves, sump pumps and recirculating pumps
- Troubleshoot and repair branch main sewer lines, repair copper and supply lines
- Installs and repairs fixtures such as toilets, urinals, lavatories, faucets, showers, garbage disposals, drinking fountains, backflow devices and flush valves
- Performs preventative maintenance, site surveys, replacement, and modifications as needed
- Prepares for on-site installation and repairs by examining building layout, anticipating difficulties, gathering materials and coordinating on-site work, as necessary
- Documents work by completing paperwork on each job and maintaining files
- Keeps current all manufacturers products concerning installation, operation, maintenance, service, and repair
- Installing new plumbing support in existing building conditions and in new constructions
- Provides technical support to customers.
- Analyses problem and identifies appropriate tools and materials for repair
- Performs within the values and guidelines of 20/20 and adheres to the 20/20 Policies and Procedures
- Follows health and safety standards and complies with building codes
- Other duties or projects as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Four + years or more of experience in new construction plumbing or three + years of residential service plumbing
- Hold a valid California Driver's License with a clean DMV record
- Must be a self-motivated, responsible, punctual and professional
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills
- Must have basic Android/IPad knowledge
- Maintain electronic timekeeping via portable electronic device (tablet)
- Experience with home warranty plumbing work
- Accept responsibility and be accountable for achieving top results
- Maintain a culture of mutual respect, trust, openness and candor
- Commit to high standards of ethics, honesty and integrity
- Working knowledge of plumbing principles, codes, design, distribution and construction
- Must be willing to work outdoors in extreme temperatures, both hot and cold, and other unusual elements, such as loud noise, dirt, dust, fumes, etc.
- Must be able to perform all job functions which include, but may not be limited to walking, sitting, lifting, pushing, pulling, turning, climbing to a significant degree.
- The ability to work on-call for up to one week at a time (nights, weekends, holidays)
2020 Plumbing and Heating CA At A Glance
Classet is a skilled trades network. Once you have applied, A Classet recruiter will reach out within 24 hours to learn more about your career search! Classet helps everyone from experienced crafstmen & women to eager apprentices find new opportunities. We are here to help you find the right fit for your career.