HVAC Service Commercial Technician
Be part of a growing employee-owned company that has been around for over 75 years!
Southern Air, Inc. is a company dedicated to the growth of our employees and excellent customer service. We serve clients through-out the Virginia, West Virginia, and North Carolina regions. This opportunity is located at our Richmond, VA location.
Southern Air, Inc. rewards your commitment with excellent wages, benefits including participation in our ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan), Holiday/PTO, medical, 401(k), and career opportunities. Join our team and enjoy the rewards.
Job Description: The HVAC Commercial Service Technician performs the installation or service of commercial and industrial heating and cooling equipment (rooftops, furnaces, central air conditioners, commercial refrigeration equipment).
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Maintaining HVAC systems (Hydronic, Steam, Forced Hot Air, and Heat Pumps).
- Read schematics.
- Diagnosing and troubleshooting HVAC equipment.
- Maintaining a high standard of mechanical installation practices.
- Performing preventive maintenance on equipment.
- Minimum 1 - 5 years of HVAC experience in HVAC service and installation or equivalent combination of vocational training and experience.
- Must have experience servicing, troubleshooting, diagnosing, repairing, and installing HVAC and related equipment.
- CFC Certification.
- Must be able to work independently and as a team member.
- Strong communication and documentation skills.
- Must be able to pass a post-offer pre-employment drug screen and may be required to satisfactorily complete additional background checks as required (i.e. DMV, criminal history).
- Must adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Health Plan – With company contributions to employee health saving account (Starts 1st day)
- Dental Plan
- 401k with company match
- ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan)
- Vision Plan
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
- Supplemental & Dependent Life Insurance
- Life Insurance & Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D)
- PTO (Paid Time Off) for vacation and other purposes
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Company Cell phone / Tablet
- Company-provided vehicle / Gas Card (Take home each day)
- Pay range $16 - $40 an hour
Southern Air At A Glance
Classet is a skilled trades network. Once you have applied, A Classet recruiter will reach out within 24 hours to learn more about your career search! Classet helps everyone from experienced crafstmen & women to eager apprentices find new opportunities. We are here to help you find the right fit for your career.