This job posting has expired, no longer accepting applications, or have been filled.
HVAC Security & Fire Technician (Union)
Be part of the future!
We are one team, dedicated to working collaboratively to create purposeful solutions that propel the world forward. We hope you will join our diverse team of top people – you bring your talent, and we’ll give you the space and opportunities to grow and succeed. We are committed to make a difference.
What we offer:
- Competitive Starting Pay
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid Training
- Global Advancement Opportunities
- Company Vehicle (as applicable)
- Referral Bonuses
- Comprehensive Benefits
- Medical/Dental/Vision insurance
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Life Insurance
- 401(k) savings plan with company match
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Wellness Program
- And More!
What you will do
Perform service and new installation commissioning activities on fire alarm, access control, CCTV, intrusion alarm and intercom systems.
How you will do it
- Supervise and inspect the installation of equipment to meet customer expectations and manufacturer specifications. Field coordination and communication, system programming, commissioning, AHJ testing and training on new system installations
- Evaluate and diagnose equipment that requires servicing as well as troubleshooting potential field wiring problems
- Provide specific solutions and recommendations to customers on the most efficient and cost effective method in restoring a specific system back to normal condition
- Manage assigned Electronic Systems service calls in regards to field labor hours estimated
- Customer satisfaction through coordination, response to customer requests and problems and clear communication skills
- Prepare reports on daily activities
- May be required to work overtime
- Read and understand complicated blueprints, diagrams, schematics, submittals, software/system programs, and operation/product manuals
- Required to lift and or carry equipment and tools, which may be over forty (40) pounds Working environment may involve climbing ladders and scaffoldings with equipment, upwards to forty (40) feet Capable of working in cramped workspaces such as ducts, crawl spaces, above ceilings, etc.
- Must adhere to all OSHA and JCI safety policies and procedures
- Complete mileage and monthly vehicle reports in a timely manner
What we look for
- NICET II Required
- S-98 Certificate Required
- 2-5 years’ experience with installation and service of fire alarm, access control, CCTV, intrusion and intercom systems
- Demonstrate working knowledge of electricity and electronics In addition, demonstrate an aptitude for troubleshooting systems and performing necessary repairs
- NICET II or NICET III certification.
- Fire alarm programing experience preferable with Edwards and Notifier.
- Security experience with C-Cure 9000 required.
- Be able to carry and move equipment/tools weighing up to 40 pounds.
- Minimum high school/trade school graduate, military, or two year Associate degree in a technical field involving electronics or computers .
- Working knowledge of IT network systems
- Ability to use hand and power tools and test equipment such as multi-meters, oscilloscopes, digital analyzers, battery analyzers, frequency meters, decibel meters and communication devices as required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to read and understand complex building architectural, mechanical and electrical documents, as well as project plans, specifications, schedules and equipment installation/operation/troubleshooting manual.
- Must be able to pass background check, drug screen and credit check.
Johnson Controls At A Glance
Classet is a skilled trades network. Once you have applied, A Classet recruiter will reach out within 24 hours to learn more about your career search! Classet helps everyone from experienced crafstmen & women to eager apprentices find new opportunities. We are here to help you find the right fit for your career.