This job posting has expired, no longer accepting applications, or have been filled.
HVAC Security & Fire Systems Technician
Be part of the future!
What we offer:
- Competitive Starting Pay
- Paid Training
- Global Advancement Opportunities
- Company Vehicle (as applicable)
- Referral Bonuses
- Comprehensive Benefits
- Medical/Dental/Vision insurance
- Health Savings Account (HAS)
- Life Insurance
- 401(k) savings plan with company match
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Wellness Program
- And More!
HIRING HOURLY RANGE:
$25.53-$31.92(Hourly rate to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.) This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, please visit the Employee Benefits tab on our main careers page at https://www.johnsoncontrols.com/careers
What you will do:
How you will do it:
- Generates solutions to systems problems, either troubleshooting the system or advising others on how to resolve problems. Requires understanding of core and third party fire / security products, software and systems / electrical technology.
- Assists in performing required commissioning documentation. Provide accurate information for as-builts documentation.
- Adheres to safety standards and local and national codes, with a high degree of regard to employee and subcontractor safety.
- Proficient in using voltmeter and reading wiring diagrams/schematics
- Able to troubleshoot access control and CCTV/IP cameras issues
- Maintains appropriate local and National Fire / Security Industry Certifications (NICET).
- Communicates with customer upon arrival and before leaving the work site. Continuous proactive customer interactions including an in-depth understanding of customer(s) needs wants and systems currently in place.
- Assists in monitoring project execution per plan. Reports problems or changes to supervisor or management.
- Completes paperwork and on site documentation as required.
- Performs self-study (reading, research, and practice) to obtain technical proficiency on required products and application.
- Performs other duties as assigned
What we look for:
- High school diploma plus two years’ experience in installing fire / security systems required.
- Electronics certification from accredited technical school or military electronics training desired.
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal skills to represent the company to customers and other outside contacts.
- NICET Certification preferred.
- Basic computer skills required.
- Attention to detail.
- 1 year Security and Fire Alarm experience
- 1 year System Networking experience
Johnson Controls At A Glance
Classet is a skilled trades network. Once you have applied, A Classet recruiter will reach out within 24 hours to learn more about your career search! Classet helps everyone from experienced crafstmen & women to eager apprentices find new opportunities. We are here to help you find the right fit for your career.