HVAC/R Service Technician
The M&M Group LLC is a leader in HVAC/R, Landscaping, & Snow Removal services. Our aggregated service model makes us a single point of contact for a variety of services for hundreds of customers in New England.
We tailor our programs to minimize the demands on our customers' internal resources, allowing them to concentrate on their essential organizational objectives and initiatives.
Our team is composed of highly skilled and diverse professionals who are not only experts in their respective fields but also enthusiastic collaborators. You'll find a supportive and friendly work atmosphere that values teamwork and knowledge sharing.
We believe in investing in our employees' growth. When you join us, you're not just getting a job; you're opening the door to a dynamic career path with opportunities for continuous learning, skill development, and advancement within the organization.
What we do matters. Our projects and solutions have a significant impact on our industry, our clients, and the world at large. You'll be working on meaningful projects that make a difference and leave a lasting legacy.
At M&M Group LLC we offer an exceptional environment where your talents and aspirations can truly flourish. We foster a culture of innovation, where new ideas and creative solutions are not just encouraged but celebrated.
You'll have the opportunity to work with cutting-edge technologies and be part of a team that thrives on pushing the boundaries of what's possible.
Joining M&M Group LLC means being part of a dynamic, forward-thinking team that values your growth, contributions, and well-being. If you're looking for a workplace that offers opportunities, a supportive community, and the chance to make a meaningful impact, we encourage you to explore the possibilities of joining our team.
Currently we are looking for licensed HVAC-R Technicians which are responsible for the repair, maintenance, and installation of heating, ventilation, air conditioning, and refrigeration (HVAC-R) systems. Their duties include repairing, maintaining, and installing HVAC-R equipment and systems, inspect equipment maintenance risks, diagnose mechanical and electrical faults, adjusting and cleaning systems, and carrying out warranty services. They maintain accurate maintenance records, assist with customer inquiries, give technical direction, provide mentorship to the junior technicians as well as ensure work complies with service, appliance, and safety standards.
The ideal candidate will be able to work autonomously and responsibly by observing all health and safety guidelines. Candidates should have either an EPA 608 or Journeyman's License. Experience in light electrical and/or plumbing is preferred but not required.
- Perform preventative maintenance, corrective maintenance and installation of refrigeration, heating, air conditioning, and ventilation and plumbing applications.
- Install, maintain, and repair package units, split systems, boilers and other mechanical equipment.
- Install, repair, and maintain light commercial rooftop units, boilers, controls, and other mechanical equipment.
- Maintain all ventilation systems including preventative maintenance tasks and rebuilding of equipment when need.
- Perform repairs and installation on HVAC/R equipment and commercial kitchen equipment for residential and commercial customers.
- Perform maintenance and repair of HVAC/R equipment for commercial and residential applications including commercial refrigeration equipment.
- Demonstrate strong knowledge of refrigeration systems, walk in refrigeration/freezer units and some experience on centrifugal and rotary screw compressor chillers.
- Validate laboratory air flows to meet OSHA safety requirements.
- Conduct a wide range of repairs in accord with OSHA regulations.
- Plumb and connect all necessary PVC piping to drain condensation from the evaporative coil.
- Solder, pipe-fitting, blue print reading, climbing ladders, digging ditches, preparing pipes and fittings, cleaning
- Work on motor controls, pneumatic controls, chillers, high pressure steam, pumps, valves, piping, etc.
- Service residential and commercial plumbing equipment.
- Perform minor electrical and plumbing repairs.
- Replace and repair malfunctioned/defective HVAC equipment, troubleshoot electrical components and wiring.
- Perform manual repairs when necessary (fix locks, replace windows etc.)
- Assist in budget preparation and ensure it is followed.
Customer Service-HVACR technicians deal with unhappy customers whose heating or air conditioning is not working, so it is important that they be friendly, polite, and punctual. HVACR technicians often work in customers’ homes or business offices and they will need to be patient, attentive, clear with communication, knowledgeable about what they are doing and use positive language. They should take the time to really listen to the customer to provide great service and get feedback on the heating and cooling products in use.
Attention to Detail-HVACR technicians have to have patience and perseverance to pursue a heating and cooling problem until it is fixed successfully. They must pay attention to the details and carefully maintain records of all work performed. When maintaining records, the HVACR technician must include the nature of the work performed, the amount of time it took, and keep a list of specific parts and equipment that were used. They will need to follow government regulations to properly handle and dispose of fluids and gases. Ultimately, the HVACR technician must have high standards of service to be efficient and be great at identifying issues with the installation, repair, maintenance and upgrade of systems.
Mechanical Skills-HVACR technicians must be comfortable with installing and working on complicated climate-control systems and they must understand the HVACR components involved to properly program, assemble, and disassemble them. They will also need to know the precise tools needed to maintain and install equipment. HVACR technicians that can work on a wide range of HVACR systems, controls, and installation methods are highly sought after.
Physical Strength & Stamina-HVACR technicians may have to lift and support heavy equipment and components. Even HVACR technicians working in a group may have large parts, equipment and objects to move. They will also need good manual dexterity to work with small parts in small spaces. Further, HVACR technicians may spend a large portion of their time walking and standing so physical stamina is important for success in the HVACR field.
Time Management-HVACR technicians frequently have a set number of daily maintenance calls that need to be completed. Limiting customer interaction is important and must be balanced with creating a positive customer experience. The HVACR technician should be able to keep a schedule and complete all necessary repairs or tasks, while also remaining organized.
Troubleshooting Skills-HVACR technicians utilize a number of different tools to perform the tasks assigned to them. However, an extremely important skillset that every technician must have includes troubleshooting, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills. The Basic Electricity course at MIAT College of Technology is designed to introduce students to these important troubleshooting skills. Students are given a variety of lab assignments in order to build upon these skills, and to encourage the use of their resources to draw accurate conclusions.
Scheduling-Typical schedule is below & covers 24/7 operations, and can change based on customer needs & service fluctuations:
- Mon-Thurs 10 hr shifts
---- 7am to 5pm, 7pm to 3am
- Fri-Sun 12 hr shifts
----7am to 7pm, 7pm to 7am
- Weekends rotated to cover on call
Certs & Experience: You may not have all the below but should have 1 or more of the following:
- NATE Cert
- HVAC Excellence Cert
- EPA 608 Cert
- Any state/local licensing
- Journeyman License
- Proven experience as HVAC-R Tech
- Certified Maintenance and Reliability Professional (CMRP) is desired
- Medical DOT Card
- Any HVAC-R OSHA Related Certs
Pay based on experience
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $20.00 - $35.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Paid time off
- Tools provided
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- On call
- Overnight shift
- Weekends as needed
- Year round work
- HVAC/R: 1 year (Required)
- Driver's License (Required)
- NATE Certification (Preferred)
- EPA Certification (Preferred)
- Journeyman License (Preferred)
- Medical DOT Card (Preferred)
Work Location: On the road
- 401(k) matching
- Paid time off
- Tools provided
The M&M Group LLC At A Glance
Classet is a skilled trades network. Once you have applied, A Classet recruiter will reach out within 24 hours to learn more about your career search! Classet helps everyone from experienced crafstmen & women to eager apprentices find new opportunities. We are here to help you find the right fit for your career.