As of November 14, 1994, employees must possess the appropriate EPA refrigerant recycling and recovery certification for technicians (as required under Section 608 of the Clean Air Act, 1990).
The person applying must possess two years of experience in the installation and/or maintenance of heating, ventilating, or air conditioning systems.
The starting pay for this position is $21.05 with an additional $1 Longevity Pay for hours worked only, rate may be adjusted based on applicants’ qualifications.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Preventive maintenance work
- Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration Work
- Computerized Energy Management System
- Perform minor projects as assigned on the entire campus that may include pipefitting, mechanical equipment, electrical circuits, painting and carpentry
- Equipment operation and maintenance
- Follows safety guidelines and procedures
- Plan, price, order and pick up materials necessary for repairs using proper facility purchasing rules/regulations
- Special events work and campus maintenance emergencies
You must include all relevant work experience and education on your application. The duties you describe will be reviewed as part of the process in determining if you meet the minimum qualifications for this job.
- This is a Civil Service Position. This position does not require applicants to take a Civil Service test.
- Pre-employment Drug testing, Physical and Criminal Background check are required.
- To view the Civil Service Job Specifications, follow this link and enter the position title. Civil Service site.
- This position will require selected applicant to be in a probationary status for at least 6 months.
Timethia Brown HR Specialist
LSU Health Sciences Center
HR Management Department
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Did you list all of your work experience and education on your application? (If not, please add before submitting)
LSU Health Sciences Center New Orleans At A Glance
Classet is a skilled trades network. Once you have applied, A Classet recruiter will reach out within 24 hours to learn more about your career search! Classet helps everyone from experienced crafstmen & women to eager apprentices find new opportunities. We are here to help you find the right fit for your career.