HVAC Project Technician
Piedmont Service Group has been providing HVAC services to clients in NC, SC, and VA since 1971! We are currently looking for an experienced Project Technician/Mechanic to join our team in Richmond, VA. We provide above average pay, great benefits, and a strong company culture with low turnover.
Work Hours: 40+ hours per week plus some weekend work.
As a Project Technician for Piedmont Service Group, you will be responsible for the following:
- Execution of mechanical projects including the installation, change-out, upgrade, and maintenance of all type of commercial and industrial HVAC systems, components, and assemblies. This may include hydronic, chilled water systems, DX, forced air, heat pump, VAV, Constant Volume, Exhaust, Heat Recovery, Sheet Metal Ducting and various related mechanical systems)
- Managing and/or contributing to project on-time and on-budget performance.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team as required. May be required to assist in the direction of others.
- Diagnosing and troubleshooting HVAC equipment
- Maintaining a high standard of mechanical installation practices
- Following all safety requirements and use appropriate PPE
- Following written project installation plans
- Keeping appropriate records
- Flexibility to work extended shifts (e.g. early mornings and late nights)
- Must have 2+ years of duct installation experience
- Must be able to communicate effectively with all customers, vendors and co-workers
- Must have basic ability to read and understand schematics
- Comprehension of refrigeration cycle
- Basic knowledge of DDC controls
- Must be able to operate hand tools and powered tools safely (e.g. solder, braze and weld)
- Must be able to work on ladders, elevated platforms, boom lifts, and scaffolding
- The position requires the candidate to have the ability to lift up to 50lbs in assistance of loading, unloading and storing materials and equipment. The position will also require bending, climbing, pulling, pushing, balancing, kneeling, twisting, standing and climbing stairs and ladders.
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance
- Company paid Life & AD&D insurance
- Company paid Short and Long term disability
- 401(k) with company match
- Profit Sharing
- 3 weeks of paid time off in your first year of hire
- 9 paid holidays
Piedmont Service Group At A Glance
Classet is a skilled trades network. Once you have applied, A Classet recruiter will reach out within 24 hours to learn more about your career search! Classet helps everyone from experienced crafstmen & women to eager apprentices find new opportunities. We are here to help you find the right fit for your career.