This job posting has expired, no longer accepting applications, or have been filled.
HVAC Mechanic I - Los Angeles, CA
Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumen’s network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
Primary responsibilities are to assist with maintaining and repair of HVAC systems and associated equipment within assigned market. HVAC systems comprised of CRAC/CRAH units, dry coolers, condensers, DX Spilt Systems, Fluid Loops, RTU's, Pumps, VFD's, Chillers, Wall hung units, building management systems, as well as other mechanical and electrical platforms.
The Main Responsibilities
- Installs belts, filters and maintains, monitors, and repairs all HVAC systems in assigned telecommunication facilities.
- Completes all preventive maintenance tasks including coil cleaning, filter and belt changes, lubricating bearings/motors, operational tests comprised of checking voltages using meter, amperages and refrigerant pressures and any other necessary tasks to keep HVAC and mechanical systems operating as designed.
- Interacts with internal customers, contractors, suppliers, and engineers to exchange information to ensure systems run at peak conditions and identify end of life equipment for budgeting purposes.
- Keeps detailed records of assignments, work activities and required equipment maintenance history in Computerized Maintenance Management System.
- Uses tools, such as common hand and power tools - hammers, hoists, saws, drills, and wrenches, precision measuring instruments, electrical and electronic testing devices, refrigerant gauges, oxy-acetylene torch rigs, vacuum pumps, refrigerant recovery systems and other tools necessary to perform job requirements.
- Reviews and analyzes mechanical and electrical schematic drawings to determine work to be performed, and/or evaluate work already performed.
- Must have PC skills and be knowledgeable in Microsoft Windows and Office applications.
- Assist with site equipment audits to ensure CMMS represents all HVAC assets.
- Ability to be on-call after normal hours and work varying shifts with possible overtime and holidays.
- Ability to work in all weather conditions with exposure to noise and fumes.
- Requires ability to work under conditions that may be physically uncomfortable or dangerous.
- Capable of extremely high standards of customer service and the technical capability to grow and maintain a telecommunications environment.
- Ability to work with little or no supervision.
- Attention to detail with good organizational capabilities.
- Ability to prioritize with good time management skills.
- May be required to wear safety glasses, safety shoes, protective gloves, and other personal protective equipment.
- May utilize pallet jacks, two-wheeled carts, hand trucks, and/or forklifts.
- Ability to travel up to 30% of time.
What We Look For in a Candidate
- Experience < 2 years
- High School/GED with 1 to 2 years as HVAC Technician, working towards getting Universal certification with refrigerants/chlorofluorocarbons (CFCs).
- Field of Study: Technical/Trade School with HVAC/R or 1-3 years of experience.
- EPA certification.
- Regular and consistent attendance is an essential function of this position.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be occasionally required to stand; walk; to handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls.
- The employee may be occasionally required to sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl.
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move from 25 to 100 pounds.
- Climb ladders, enter crawl spaces, exertion of force, manipulation of hand and/or foot controls.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perceptions and the ability to adjust focus. In addition, the position may require frequent movement and activity relating to using keyboards, viewing data on computer displays, and communicating verbally and in writing to the needs of others.
- Required to possess a valid driver's license and satisfactory driving record.
- Working Conditions: work is occasionally performed in building settings. Outdoor work is required in the inspection of buried cable, construction sites, field facilities. Performance of the position requires working safely and may require working outdoors in all weather conditions, all noise levels, hazardous conditions, and on the full range of outdoor work surfaces.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
Requisition #: 329809
When applying for a position, you may be subject to a background screen (criminal records check, motor vehicle report, and/or drug screen), depending on the requirements for the position. More information on what’s included in these checks can be found in the Post Offer section of our FAQ page. Job-related concerns noted in the background screen may disqualify you from the new position or your current role. Background results will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
NOTE: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
This information reflects the anticipated base salary range for this position based on current national data. Minimums and maximums may vary based on location. Individual pay is based on skills, experience and other relevant factors.
This position is eligible for either short-term incentives or sales compensation. Director and VP positions also are eligible for long-term incentive. To learn more about our bonus structure, you can view additional information here. We're able to answer any additional questions you may have as you move through the selection process.
As part of our comprehensive benefits package, Lumen offers a broad range of Health, Life, Voluntary Lifestyle and other benefits and perks that enhance your physical, mental, emotional and financial wellbeing. You can learn more by clicking here.
Note: For union-represented postings, wage rates and ranges are governed by applicable collective bargaining agreement provisions.
Lumen At A Glance
Classet is a skilled trades network. Once you have applied, A Classet recruiter will reach out within 24 hours to learn more about your career search! Classet helps everyone from experienced crafstmen & women to eager apprentices find new opportunities. We are here to help you find the right fit for your career.