This job posting has expired, no longer accepting applications, or have been filled.
HVAC Maintenance Technician
KEIL Heating and Air Conditioning are seeking an experienced residential Service Technician for a full-time position. KEIL has been providing comfort to homeowners in Northern New Jersey for over a century and we have a growth opening. This is a great opportunity to be part of a wonderful staff that takes care of our established customer base, some of which have been with us for three generations. We have a fun customer focused environment with friendly, caring co-workers.
We're a company committed to quality service by empowering reliable & self-motivated individuals. Goal-oriented candidates will provide planned maintenance and service to our homeowner customers. We are a residential-based company that provides services on ductless, central and high-velocity air conditioning systems as well as gas and LP-fired furnaces, water and steam boilers. Knowledge of using an iPad is a plus as we dispatch, Flat Rate prices and Invoices using our proprietary software on iPads in the field and in the office.
- Perform maintenance on gas furnaces, gas water and steam boilers and central air conditioning systems, water heaters, etc. in the manor set forth by KEIL.
- Perform service on gas furnaces, gas water and steam boilers and central air conditioners and water heaters, etc. in the manor set forth by KEIL.
- You must be customer focused and always be prepared to deal directly with the homeowner on their terms and always with a positive attitude.
- Provide your own hand tools (A complete list is provided by KEIL). KEIL will provide all major tools.
- You must be able to climb a ladder both inside and outside of the home without fear of heights.
- You must be able to lift and move 75 pounds or more with frequency.
- You must be able to clearly and concisely offer replacement systems, accessory items and maintenance agreements to our customers.
- You will participate in our Emergency night service rotation.
- Have a clean driving record and a current New Jersey driver’s license.
- You must have your own transportation to and from our office.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by management.
- We are only looking for individuals that possess a high energy level and a positive attitude.
- Strong Interpersonal and communication skills - verbal and written (English).
- Strong Listening, problem analysis and problem-solving skills.
- Well-organized, accurate and detail-oriented with a hands-on attitude.
- Ability to make fast, accurate and logical decisions.
- Ability to follow instructions and to provide instruction to others.
- HVAC Technical school graduate (Top 10% Only).
- 2 - 5 years of experience in the residential installation, maintenance and service field.
- Continuing education proof.
- Refrigeration Certification - Universal.
- Gastite certification.
- Manufacturer's training certifications.
- Customer sales skills.
- NATE Certification is a plus.
- Computer skills including proficiency in windows based systems.
- On-the-job training (30 - 60 days with a series of mentors).
- 7:00 - 3:30 Monday - Friday alternate Saturdays plus additional overtime as required.
- Advancement opportunities throughout the company.
- Professional working environment with your co-workers and our customers.
- Paid holidays and personal days.
- Medical Insurance.
- Dental insurance.
- Life Insurance.
- Long-term disability insurance.
- 401K plan with company match is provided.
- Bonus incentives and residual income opportunities are available.
- Profit sharing program based upon hitting company goals.
Keil Heating and Air Conditioning, Inc At A Glance
Classet is a skilled trades network. Once you have applied, A Classet recruiter will reach out within 24 hours to learn more about your career search! Classet helps everyone from experienced crafstmen & women to eager apprentices find new opportunities. We are here to help you find the right fit for your career.