Tarzanegy, LLC and our partner RJY Group is seeking an experienced HVAC Journeyman to join our team. The HVAC Journeyman must be a skilled craftsman in their trade and have a minimum of five (5) years’ actual, practical working experience in the industrial HVAC mechanical equipment service industry. The ability and desire to develop technical skills, attention to detail, regular interaction with customers, and promoting safety and constant communication plays a key role in this position. Must be computer literate and tech savvy.
- No supervisory responsibilities.
- May assist in training newly hired HVAC Technicians.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Performs preventative, corrective maintenance, and repairs on following unit types:
Air-Cooled and Centrifugal Chillers greater than 1000 tons
Split AC units
- Be the first responder to service calls. Responds promptly and courteously to routine and on-demand service requests and performs preventative and corrective maintenance in a timely manner on facility equipment and systems. The contract requires no more than a 30-minute response to service calls during normal working hours.
- Perform work in accordance to established processes and response and rectification guidelines.
- Comply with all internal and external requirements including but not limited to environmental, health and safety, and fire protection.
- Perform regular facility equipment and systems monitoring and inspection, preventative and corrective maintenance to ensure facility uptime objectives are met, and uninterrupted client operation and asset integrity maintenance.
- Communicate and records observations about facility equipment and systems conditions and deficiencies and provides suggestions for enhancement and repair.
- Monitor facility by conducting facility walkthroughs, equipment and system monitoring and inspection.
- Maintain, troubleshoot, and repairs equipment and building systems.
- Record resolution data within service maintenance management database.
- Ensure work completed meets quality, contract response and all other requirements.
- Receive, track, monitor and reports status of maintenance and repair work within service maintenance management database.
- Initiate documents to obtain formal approval of work required.
- Call vendors for covered equipment when necessary. Work with subcontractors on equipment repair, preventative maintenance, and calibration.
- Recommend spare parts and supply purchases for facility equipment.
- Accurately maintain/complete all equipment logbooks and maintenance records as required.
- Ensure that work is performed in compliance with corporate and legislated policies, procedures, practices, and guidelines related to environmental, health and safety, fire protection and any other applicable requirements.
- Maintain all assigned tools and arranges for repair and replacement where required.
- Assist in enhancing customer satisfaction and maintaining positive relations through work performed and services delivered.
- Must be able and willing to work flexible shifts, be available for on-call/standby and emergency calls, when assigned.
- Other duties as assigned to include but not limited to:
Customer Service: Always respond to customer needs, inquiries, and requirements in a professional, prompt, respectful and courteous manner.
Performance Requirements: Diligently responds to work orders, work assignments and other work requests in a timely manner consistent with the response and rectification times outlined in the Facility Maintenance Services Agreement, or as otherwise directed by management.
Teamwork: Works together with other maintenance staff, management, Hospital staff and contractors, as and when required, in a cooperative, efficient, and respectful manner to complete assigned work.
Safety: Performs all duties in a safe, diligent, and careful manner, and in strict compliance with Company and Site-Specific occupational health and safety policies, rules, and requirements.
Housekeeping and Clean-Up: Ensures that all work areas are always kept clean and tidy in a manner consistent with good housekeeping practices.
General Maintenance: Performs maintenance, inspection and repair work on all facilities and systems within the scope of work defined by the Facility Maintenance Services Agreement (“FMSA”), as and when required, directed, or assigned, consistent with his or her skills, abilities, and training.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Good understanding of mechanical and electrical systems in a large facility.
- Ability to work independently.
- Knowledge of NetSuite a plus.
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Vision insurance
Tarzanegy LLC At A Glance
Classet is a skilled trades network. Once you have applied, A Classet recruiter will reach out within 24 hours to learn more about your career search! Classet helps everyone from experienced crafstmen & women to eager apprentices find new opportunities. We are here to help you find the right fit for your career.