This job posting has expired, no longer accepting applications, or have been filled.
HVAC Installer Assistant
Hours of Work: 8am-5pm OR 10am-7pm Monday-Friday OR Tuesday-Saturday
- Create a positive customer experience by completing the install correctly the first time with quality and care to applicable codes, to avoid refunds and recalls.
- Mentor and develop lead installers and apprentices, under his/her care, into install team lead technicians.
- Mentor team members and apprentices weekly on team’s performance metrics.
- Install HVAC related equipment according to manufacturer’s specifications.
- Wire both high and low voltage to heating and cooling equipment.
- Install copper refrigerant lines to air conditioning units, including soldering and brazing.
- Install sheet metal, duct board, and flex duct systems in residential and lite commercial buildings.
- Properly connect gas lines to heating equipment.
- Complete all required documentation, including checklist, including recording model, serial numbers, and install date recorded in Service Titan on installs and collect, record and deliver fees to designated office administration.
- Understand when to issue a “Lock Out/Tag Out” tag and the required follow-up steps.
- Facilitate order for all parts required for appointments and ensure preparedness for the day of service.
- Record all material used or consumed on the job for job costing and replenishing.
- Work with dispatch to reschedule a follow-up appointment with the customer when the work was not completed during the initial appointment.
- Support technicians on troubleshooting issues as needed.
- Transport materials and tools to the job site and provide proper accounting of assigned tools.
- Keep truck clean, stocked and accurately inventoried.
- Protect customer’s home from damage while working and leave customer’s home cleaner than when we arrived.
- Coordinate with other departments to ensure appropriate job objectives are met effectively and completely.
- Inform a manager if the customer does not have fully functioning HVAC service before leaving the call.
- Communicate the benefits of Club Memberships.
- Manage to performance metrics scorecard.
- Investigate any reported safety issues.
- Support supervisor and/or manager as a resource who can make decisions on behalf of the company for the install team.
- Report any safety issues to manager and/or supervisor.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- EPA Certified required.
- Must be able to pass drug testing and background checks.
- Driving points no more then 4 points
- A high school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- Completed some sort of HVAC training and/or school.
- A minimum of three years’ experience preferred but not required with manager’s approval in installing diverse HVAC equipment
- A valid driver’s license and approved to drive by Company’s insurance carrier.
- Must be highly organized with good attention to detail and follow through.
- Possess good analytical skills and attention to detail with ability to read and interpret blueprints, plans, and manuals.
- Team player working in a team environment.
- Excellent customer service skills with desire to exceed customer expectations.
- Must be able to use a computer tablet, smart phone and read a map or follow GPS.
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Apex Plumbing Pros At A Glance
Classet is a skilled trades network. Once you have applied, A Classet recruiter will reach out within 24 hours to learn more about your career search! Classet helps everyone from experienced crafstmen & women to eager apprentices find new opportunities. We are here to help you find the right fit for your career.