HVAC Installer - Plainfield
PSEG Company: Public Service Electric & Gas Co.
Salary Range: $ 24.091 - $ 34.363
Incentive: Not applicable
Work Location Category: Onsite
PSEG operates under a Flexible Work Model where flexible work is offered when job requirements allow. In support of this model, roles have been categorized into one of four work location categories: onsite roles, hybrid roles that are a blend of onsite and remote work, remote local roles that are primarily home-based but require some level of purpose-driven in-person interaction and living within a commutable distance, and remote non-local roles that can be effectively performed remotely with the ability to work in approved states.
PSEG offers a unique experience to our more than 12,000 employees – we provide the resources and opportunities for career development that come with being a Fortune 500 company, as well as the attention, camaraderie and care for one another you might typically associate with a small business. Our focus on combatting climate change through clean energy technology, our new net zero climate vision for 2030 and enhanced commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion; and supporting the communities we serve make this a particularly exciting time to join PSEG.
Assists the Lead Installer in the installation and repair of all aspects of HVAC installations: Central heating, mini splits, heat pumps, air conditioning, boilers and all associated equipment in residential and small business applications.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Assembles and fabricates all types of HVAC equipment which has been partially dismantled for shipping;
- delivering HVAC equipment, materials, supplies and tools;
- gassing out and lighting all appliance pilots.
- Checks all work for proper installation and leaks.
- Assists in all aspects of HVAC installation and associated processes.
Years of Experience
- Must have a minimum of 3 months experience in HVAC related work;
- Must possess skill in all aspects of HVAC installation including but not limited to, bending and constructing sheet metal duct work, sweat and braze copper pipe, cut and thread black pipe, install, repair and replace wiring, installing or replacing gas piping on customer’s premises associated with installations, checking completed work for tightness;
- Must be able to understand and work from diagrams, specifications, and basic schematics;
- Must have a thorough knowledge of the care and use of tools and other equipment used in the work;
- Must possess superb communications and customer relations skills;
- Must possess and maintain a driver’s license valid in the state of New Jersey.
PSEG At A Glance
Classet is a skilled trades network. Once you have applied, A Classet recruiter will reach out within 24 hours to learn more about your career search! Classet helps everyone from experienced crafstmen & women to eager apprentices find new opportunities. We are here to help you find the right fit for your career.