HVAC Controls Technician - Entry Level (Job number: 774)
We are seeking a traveling HVAC / BAS Control System Technician to join our federal team based out of the Columbus, OH area. Our Technicians on this team get the unique opportunity to support some of our top government and military sites all over the United States, and potentially some overseas if interested. These duties may include executing control system startup & commissioning, integrating the field controllers to the head end, creating user interface graphics, training the customer, and supporting project closeout documents
At Johnson Controls, we support our nation’s most critical facilities, the people who occupy them, and the missions they enable. Johnson Controls Federal Systems (JCFS) is a specialized team serving as a trusted partner to the federal government. We help modernize U.S. military installations, Department of Defense and other federal agency facilities to be smarter, more resilient, efficient, sustainable, and secure.
Location: Columbus, OH area. Can primarily work from home when not traveling, but may need to come in the office at times for meetings and trainings.
Pay range: $22.00 - $27.00 per hour (based on experience)
Benefits: Eligible for benefits on first day of employment
Vacation: 3 weeks of paid vacation per calendar year, 3 floating holidays, 5 sick days, and 10 standard holidays (6.5 weeks in total!)
Travel Required: 60-70% travel, primarily within the United States including Hawaii and Alaska (limited overseas travel)
As a Controls System Technician, you will:
- Troubleshoot and resolve basic HVAC mechanical, electrical, and controls problems
- Performs basic commissioning and system diagnostics from system-level controllers to end devices (i.e. sensors, actuators, etc) and completes all required commissioning documentation.
- Loads system-level controller software.
- Calibrates systems requiring basic electronic test equipment
- Documents changes and provides information for as-built documentation.
- Keeps management, contractors and customers informed of job progress and issues
- Follows all safety standards and attends required safety training. High degree of regard to employee and subcontractor safety.
- Experience working with HVAC, electronic, electrical and/or mechanical systems. Troubleshooting or installation experience preferred
- Able to use hand and power tools (i.e. drills, saws, etc.)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook) and general Windows environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- The ability to travel 60-70% of the time
- The ability to obtain and maintain required government security clearances and/or badges as required to perform site duties. (This involves a background/character, criminal history, employment, and credit check.)
- Knowledge of HVAC systems and control theory
- Experience working with Direct Digital Controls (DDC)
- Technical Associates Degree
Who We Are
At Johnson Controls (NYSE:JCI), we are One Team working collaboratively to create purposeful solutions that make a difference in the world. We are a Fortune 500 company with more than 100,000 employees worldwide offering the world`s largest portfolio of building technology products, solutions and services. As a member of our Federal Systems team, your work matters. We value and recognize your contributions and want to help you succeed. We invest in our employees, provide opportunities for growth and advancement, and foster a culture of inclusion and respect.
To learn more about who we are and what we do, please check out our Take a Journey video.
Recently, Johnson Controls has been recognized by several organizations for leadership in Environment, Sustainability and Governance, as well as innovations in smart building platforms:
- Named to FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” List
- Corporate Knights Global 100 Most Sustainable Corporations in the World
- Identified as a Sustainalytics Top-Rated ESG Performer for managing material ESG issues
- Received HRH The Prince of Wales’ inaugural Terra Carta Seal
- Ranked 67 on the Drucker Institute’s list of best-managed companies in America
- Named Chairman and CEO George Oliver IoT CEO of the Year for 2022
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/careers
Division: JCFS (Johnson Controls Federal Systems)
Johnson Controls Federal Systems At A Glance
Classet is a skilled trades network. Once you have applied, A Classet recruiter will reach out within 24 hours to learn more about your career search! Classet helps everyone from experienced crafstmen & women to eager apprentices find new opportunities. We are here to help you find the right fit for your career.