This job posting has expired, no longer accepting applications, or have been filled.
HVAC Commercial Service Technician
The service technician represents Maxair by serving as the direct customer contact and is responsible for servicing products and equipment on assigned work orders, ensuring customer satisfaction by identifying, analyzing, diagnosing and repairing equipment and systems at customer's location. Service technicians work closely with the dispatcher and their team leader for daily assignments, materials acquisition and weekly scheduling.
In this position you will establish and maintain a positive relationship with customers, vendors and co-workers through effective oral and written communication skills via phone, computer, and face to face. You will perform scheduled and unscheduled preventative maintenance, inspections, site surveys and service requests including repair, replacement and modifications of equipment or systems as needed or requested by customers. Communicating with customers, account managers and project managers regarding service call findings and recommendations is required. Job stress will range from moderate to extreme, with an average day being moderately stressful.
At Maxair, we believe that our customer's satisfaction is the goal of our work. We safely provide the highest quality products and services for a fair price. Our employees' personal happiness and job satisfaction are critical to our success and we value our employees as professionals.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Safely perform preventative maintenance visits to Maxair customers, servicing a variety of HVAC equipment including split systems, water source heat pumps, rooftop units, computer room air conditioners, mini-split systems, packaged systems and more.
- Safely perform emergency service visits to Maxair customers as well as new customers.
- Purchase required material from supply house, using Maxair PO system, and submit weekly receipts.
- Complete all required electronic paperwork in a timely and accurate manner.
- Communicate regularly with Maxair dispatcher to receive daily assignments and report completion.
- Communicate regularly with assigned Area Team Leader/Area Supervisor/Area Manager with any technical or customer issues.
- Communicate with Maxair service sales personnel to support repair quotes, new maintenance agreement quotes, and other customer needs.
- Maintain the equipment and inventory in your truck for maximum efficiency.
- Display team effort and dedication to customer by maintaining flexibility to work overtime and weeks as the business requires, including rare overnight stays.
- Participate in Journeyman on-call technician rotation schedule that includes nights, weekends and holidays.
- Support Maxair financial goals and initiatives to achieve them
- Conform with Maxair policies and procedures at all times
- Continually enforces safety to the highest standards and maintains security and accountability of company issued and procured assets by recording use, wear and conditions.
- Exhibit professional conduct at all times, whether at the job site or driving company vehicles.
- Maintain any necessary licenses or certifications which may apply.
- Attend required department meetings.
- Attend company or vendor training as required.
- Work with and train any HVAC helpers/apprentices which may be assigned to work with you.
- Air cooled and water cooled HVAC troubleshooting, diagnosis, and repair.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Time Management.
- Ethical Conduct.
- Communication Proficiency.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
The HVAC service technicians work in mostly in commercial buildings, office buildings, schools, hospitals, government buildings and factories. The worksites may be very hot or cold due to the heating and cooling systems that are to be repaired may not be working properly and because some parts of these systems are located outdoors. Working in cramped spaces and during irregular hours is common. Ability to climb ladders to access roof top units will be needed.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
This position is highly physical and requires regular use of hands, fingers, walking, stooping, and kneeling. It requires employees to regularly lift and or move up to 10 lbs., frequently lift and or move up to 50 lbs. and occasionally lift and or move more than 50 lbs. Although most technicians work indoors, some work may be outdoors. At times, work may be in awkward or cramped/tight spaces and involve handling heavy equipment.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, with typically Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM hours. Overtime and irregular hours are frequent.
Daily travel to service locations in the greater Atlanta, GA area is required.
Required Education and Experience
- Have a high school diploma or GED
- At least 18 years old
- Ability to pass a pre-employment drug screen and participate in a drug free workplace
- Possess a clean driving record and a current driver's license
- Strong steady work history with 3+ years minimum as a Commercial HVAC technician
- Local Union 72 membership as Apprentice, Tradesman, or Journeyman
(or the qualifications, willingness and ability to join)
- EPA Certification for refrigerant handling, Type I and II
- Working proficiency with hand held computer (i.e. Smartphone, iPad)
Preferred Education and Experience
- Associates degree
- Star certification
- OSHA 30 certification
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Demonstrated history of working safely and following safe working practices.
- Ability to work effectively and harmoniously with Maxair customers and coworkers, while supporting Maxair's culture.
- Very genuine and personable.
All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability or covered veteran status.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.
Maxair Mechanical At A Glance
Classet is a skilled trades network. Once you have applied, A Classet recruiter will reach out within 24 hours to learn more about your career search! Classet helps everyone from experienced crafstmen & women to eager apprentices find new opportunities. We are here to help you find the right fit for your career.