HVAC Commercial Commissioning Technician
Be part of a growing employee-owned company that has been around for over 75 years!
Southern Air, Inc. is a company dedicated to the growth of our employees and excellent customer service. We serve clients throughout the Virginia, West Virginia, and North Carolina region. This opportunity is located at our Richmond, VA, location.
Southern Air, Inc. rewards your commitment with excellent wages, benefits including participation in our ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan), Holiday/PTO, medical, 401(k), and career opportunities. Join our team and enjoy the rewards.
Job Description: The HVAC Commercial Service Technician performs the installation or service of commercial and industrial heating and cooling equipment (rooftops, furnaces, central air conditioners, commercial refrigeration equipment).
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Installing and maintaining HVAC systems (Hydronic, Steam, Forced Hot Air, and Heat Pumps).
- Read schematics.
- Diagnosing and troubleshooting HVAC equipment.
- Maintaining a high standard of mechanical installation practices.
- Required to perform code-compliant brazing that exceeds industry standards for pressure tests and evacuation.
- Performing startup and commissioning of equipment.
- Minimum 1 - 5 years of HVAC experience in HVAC service and installation or equivalent combination of vocational training and experience.
- Must have experience servicing, troubleshooting, diagnosing, repairing, and installing HVAC and related equipment.
- Dedicated to maintaining a clean, safe working environment while delivering first-class mechanical systems, maintaining customer satisfaction and quality workmanship.
- CFC Certification.
- Must be able to work independently and as a team member.
- Strong communication and documentation skills.
- Must be able to pass a post-offer pre-employment drug screen and may be required to satisfactorily complete additional background checks as required (i.e. DMV, criminal history).
- Must adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Responsible for quality control of all required testing and installations.
- Lead by example Ensure pipe and fittings are installed per the coordination/shop drawings in the final place.
- Good time management skills and organizational skills.
- Health Plan – With company contributions to employee health saving account
- Dental Plan
- 401k with company match
- ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan)
- Vision Plan
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
- Supplemental & Dependent Life Insurance
- Life Insurance & Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D)
- PTO (Paid Time Off) for vacation and other purposes
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Pay range $16 - $40 an hour
Southern Air At A Glance
Classet is a skilled trades network. Once you have applied, A Classet recruiter will reach out within 24 hours to learn more about your career search! Classet helps everyone from experienced crafstmen & women to eager apprentices find new opportunities. We are here to help you find the right fit for your career.