HVAC Area Manager
Pay Range - $60,000-$80,000 yearly/DOE
At PEARCE SERVICES, we've got a career for you.
PEARCE SERVICES is the largest national independent provider of outsourced repair, maintenance, and engineering services to critical infrastructure in the telecom, renewable energy, power generation industries. Pearce offers innovative, tech-enabled services for telecom, renewable energy, electric vehicle (EV), and energy storage system infrastructure customers. The Company has a national platform with over 1,700 team members, operating out of 25 offices across the US.
Pearce offers innovative, tech-enabled services across its four brands: Pearce Services, Pearce Renewables, MaxGen Energy Services, and World Wind & Solar - each with a strong reputation in their respective high-growth markets. To learn more about Pearce Services and Pearce Renewables, visit www.pearce-services.com or www.pearce-renewables.com.
Pearce Services is seeking an experienced HVAC Area Manager to oversee Cell Tower HVAC operations in the regional market.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervises HVAC technicians in their region, assisting in prescreening and interviewing maintenance technicians, assists with technical and procedural training of HVAC Technicians, and conducting employee performance appraisals.
- Ensures the continuous operation of HVAC facilities and associated equipment.
- Performs acceptance tests on all new equipment ensures that HVAC systems are set up and maintained.
- Oversees the daily checking of alarms, reporting and response systems responsible for technicians responding timely to HVAC alarms.
- Establishes routine procedures and ensures that routine maintenance is performed on all HVAC systems records the results of routines and acceptance tests and performs regularly scheduled standby duties.
- Coordinates with Operations on the evaluation of the cost-effectiveness of equipment when system investigates possible upgrades and additions plans and schedules installations to meet system deadlines.
- Review equipment trouble reports to ensure that all alarms are cleared in a timely manner.
- Requisitions materials and supplies as needed and maintains adequate inventory levels.
- Completes activities, reports, analysis, research, etc. as assigned by the VP-Plant / Operations
- Assist with installation, maintenance, repairing or correcting problems throughout the many mechanical and electrical motors, compressors, pumps, fans, ducts, pipes, thermostats, and switches which comprise heating, air-conditioning, and refrigeration systems.
- Maintains a high service level by providing problem resolutions or forwarding inquiries to appropriate personnel or technicians.
- Prepares reports related to HVAC installation problems and questions for management review and action.
- Attends training sessions on new products and technology to maintain a high degree of competence.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with customers and personnel.
- Travels to worksites
- Uses excellent customer service through Pearce professional image presentation including vehicles, tools, and equipment.
- Responsible for top working conditions of vehicles, tools, and equipment
- Works independently with minimum or no supervision.
- Performs work with the awareness of all potential hazards connected with the installation and maintenance of power supply equipment, switching gear, and other equipment, including but not limited to falls, electric shock, falling objects, and traffic uses safety equipment and utilizes safety practices attends and participates in all designated safety and training meetings.
- Complies with all specifications, industry standards, safety rules, regulations, and company policies and procedures.
- Oversees all direct reports awareness of and abiding by Pearce policies and safety procedures.
- Completes other projects and activities as assigned.
- Thorough knowledge of heating, ventilation, and air-conditioning installations, maintenance, and repair of heating and cooling units as well as refrigeration systems
- 4 or more years of field supervisory experience
- Knowledge of electronic, mechanical, and electrical components familiar with solar panels, water-based heating systems or commercial refrigerator systems
- Basic knowledge of pertinent FCC/FAA/EPA/OSHA regulations
- Communicate effectively, both in written and verbal skills in a professional and courteous manner to co-workers and the general public
- Able to complete work accurately under time constraints and deadlines and able to work independently.
- Ability to lift over 50 pounds, stooping, bending, kneeling, squatting, climbing, and standing for long periods of time must have unimpaired hearing.
- Must be willing and able to drive long distances, workday, evening or night hours overtime, emergency callouts, weekends, and holidays as required.
Pearce Services, LLC At A Glance
Classet is a skilled trades network. Once you have applied, A Classet recruiter will reach out within 24 hours to learn more about your career search! Classet helps everyone from experienced crafstmen & women to eager apprentices find new opportunities. We are here to help you find the right fit for your career.