Grill Cook (GC)
At CAVA, we make it deliciously simple to eat well and feel good every day. We are guided by a Mediterranean heritage that’s been perfecting how to eat and live for four thousand years. We prioritize authenticity, curiosity and the pursuit of excellence in everything we do. We are working towards something big, together.
We foster a culture built on five core values:
- Generosity First, Always: We lead with kindness. Our best work happens when we act in service of others.
- Constant Curiosity: We are eager to learn, grow, and explore beyond the obvious.
- Act with Agility: We welcome change; it’s the only constant. We embrace, adjust, adapt.
- Passion for Positivity: We greet each day with warmth and possibility.
- Collective Ambition: We have high aspirations that are achieved when we work together with a shared purpose.
You’ve got what it takes to prepare mouthwatering food, so are you ready to take it to the next level and do so for our guests? Our grill cooks are the leaders of exceptional experience. By being a CAVA grill cook, you create that exceptional experience for every guest that walks through our doors. From preparing top quality food, to creating CAVA fanatics, our grill cooks are the secret sauce to our success!
What You’ll Bring to the Table:
- Consistently make mind blowing meals by following our recipes and procedures to perfection
- Bring your personality! In our open kitchen you are in constant motion, showcasing your skills and wowing your team members and our guests
- Observe food safety, sanitation, and quality procedures
- Follow recipes and procedures to maintain food quality and consistency
- Adhere to safety and sanitation procedures and all CAVA standards
- Restock cook stations and keep them clean and organized
- Stand and/or walk for an entire shift
- Put deliveries away, plus any additional duties assigned
- Cross train across the restaurant to ensure rapid growth
- Assist with any additional duties assigned
What We Bring to the Table (Benefits):
We’ve got you covered. Here are just some of the benefits available to CAVA team members:
- Competitive pay $
- Early Wage Access*
- Health, Dental, Vision, Telemedicine, Pet Insurance plus more!*
- 401k enrollment with CAVA contribution*
- Paid sick leave, parental leave, and community service leave*
- FREE CAVA Meal for every shift worked (YEP, that’s right, FREE CAVA!)
- The opportunity to be on the ground floor of a rapidly growing brand
- indicates eligible qualifying positions
- Must be able to bend and reach overhead often
- Must possess dexterity to handle tongs, pots/pans, and other equipment
- Must be comfortable working in temperatures ranging from hot to cold
- Must be comfortable working near open flames
- May be required to work in tight spaces
- Must maintain near constant communication with multiple people
- Close vision, distance vision, and peripheral vision is required
- Must be able to sit, squat and kneel occasionally
- Must be able to work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner
- May be required to occasionally work in outdoor weather conditions
- May stand for long periods of time and lift up to 50 pounds
As an equal opportunity employer, CAVA considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, age, height, weight, marital status, sexual orientation, familial status, genetic information or any other characteristic or protected classes as defined by federal, state, or local law.
CAVA – joining “A culture, not a concept”
CAVA - Roanoke At A Glance
Classet is a skilled trades network. Once you have applied, A Classet recruiter will reach out within 24 hours to learn more about your career search! Classet helps everyone from experienced crafstmen & women to eager apprentices find new opportunities. We are here to help you find the right fit for your career.