Are you looking for a highly rewarding opportunity that provides extensive career growth opportunity? Gilbane is seeking a General Superintendent to be responsible for the overall field on a large project, leading a team of superintendents to ensure that company policies and procedures are met in regard to safety, scheduling, budget, quality and customer satisfaction. This position will be on the job site every day and will fill a key role on the project team.
Who are we?
As a Top-10 ENR Contractor, Gilbane is a family-owned business with 45 offices that has been shaping communities since 1873. Consistently recognized as one of the most reputable construction management firms in the country, Gilbane is committed to delivering projects safely and on-time. You will have the opportunity to build schools, labs, hospitals, corporate offices, sports arenas and more!
Who Are You?
You are a coach/leader who leads with an inclusive and empathetic mindset. You provide feedback and guidance to help others excel in their current or future roles. You determine priorities, delegate work, and effectively communicate progress. You establish measures to assess the impact, quality, and timeliness of results while praising successes and sharing lessons learned. You build high performing teams by attracting, engaging, developing, and retaining talented individuals through motivation and discipline to maximize impact on the organization and the individual.
You leverage business insights by understanding industry trends, local market/economic conditions, and Gilbane’s business model to make critical decisions and create competitive advantage. You deploy a strategic mindset when considering solutions to long-term opportunities and risks that may develop in the future.
Your core values match Gilbane’s: Integrity, Caring, Teamwork, Toughmindedness, Dedication to Excellence, Discipline, Loyalty, and Entrepreneurship.
What’s in it for you?
Gilbane offers employees multi-dimensional training opportunities through a number of resources throughout their career. While managing your responsibilities to the project, you will be able to enroll in trainings through our award-winning Gilbane University to build leadership and technical skills. In addition, General Superintendent’s work under the direction of experienced Sr. General Superintendents, Project Managers and Project Executives on each job site which provides you with opportunity to learn new industry skills every day. You will promote Gilbane’s industry-recognized safety standards, coordinate the work of trade contractors, and participate in daily project meetings.Responsibilities:
- Ensure that the day-to-day coordination of Gilbane’s trade contractors and their sub-contractors turn out high-quality work that meets the approved project schedule
- Manage the project budget for general conditions and site services
- Develop, document and communicate the work plan regarding changes made in the field
- Maintain a thorough understanding of contract documents to be able to plan ahead and anticipate potential problems before they arise
- Obtain or verify that the subcontractors obtain all necessary permits for construction purposes
- Verify safety compliance with all trades; act as primary safety representative in the field and enforce quality control policies
- Conduct maintenance and planning of “work-arounds,” shutdowns and tie-ins
- Establish credibility among owners, trade contractors, unions etc. by maintaining a fair and trustworthy environment
- Lead contractor meetings on a regular basis
- Oversee daily reports and documentation using Procore
- Create, manage and update the project schedule, create and implement contingency plans when necessary
- Communicate schedule status, updates and changes to Project Team and Trade Contractors
- Plan, coordinate and manage jobsite logistics
- Oversee project quality plan and implement necessary changes
- Resolve jurisdictional disputes
- Aid in the development of project team
- BS or MS degree in Engineering or Construction Management
- 10-15 years experience on a $15-50+ million commercial/industrial construction project or multiple projects in a superintendent role
- Or equivalent combination of education and experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Strong technical and communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent problem solving skills and ability to adapt to changing needs
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Procore
- Must be construction-document and drawing literate, with knowledge of all phases of construction
- Must have experience and proficiency in all divisions of work, methods, materials, scheduling, and cost control
- Must have strong knowledge and appreciation of construction safety processes and ability to enforce the project safety plan
- Must be able to create an environment where “safety first” is the culture and all trades people work with an incident and injury free attitude
- Must have experience supervising a project team
- OSHA 30 hour certified
Gilbane offers an excellent total compensation package which includes competitive health and welfare benefits and a generous profit-sharing/401k plan. We invest in our employees’ education and have built Gilbane University into a top training organization in the construction industry. Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test.
Gilbane is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Note to Recruiters, Placement Agencies, and Similar Organizations: Gilbane does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our jobs alias, website, or to any Gilbane employee. Gilbane will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of Gilbane and will be processed accordingly.
Gilbane Building Company At A Glance
Classet is a skilled trades network. Once you have applied, A Classet recruiter will reach out within 24 hours to learn more about your career search! Classet helps everyone from experienced crafstmen & women to eager apprentices find new opportunities. We are here to help you find the right fit for your career.