Evolve Concepts is an experiential production support company based in Sturtevant, WI. We make awesome happen every day. Our clients are some of the biggest agencies and brands in the world, for which we assist in ideating, designing, managing fabrication, event operations, and logistics.
At Evolve every day is a little different. All our work is completely custom fabricated to the needs of our clients, so the materials and building techniques we use vary widely. If you're the type of craftsperson who enjoys thinking outside the box, putting your skills to the test, and learning new processes to complete unique, custom builds - then we might be the shop for you.
A General Carpenter will cut, fabricate, and install wooden and other structures according to specifications for the construction and maintenance of displays, exhibits, attractions and other specialty products for our clients.
This hourly position reports to the Lead Carpenter and is based in our shop in Sturtevant, Wisconsin.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT IN THIS ROLE:
To work on production items successfully and effectively from commencement to completion of events.KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Follow instructions from drawings and renderings to plan material production for products
- Adhere to production list as supplied by supervisor
- Perform woodworking tasks (production of cabinets, plastic laminate work etc.)
- Take conceptual ideas (new product or custom) and convert them into product
- Provide feedback to supervisor to aid in the production process
- Guide and instructs temporary staff working on same projects as needed
- Retrieve and replace inventory parts/assemblies as required for project process
- Maintain good housekeeping practices and performs in a safe and effective manner
- Inform supervisor of any hazardous situation in the work environment
- Complete all other related tasks as assigned by management.
- Ability to work as part of a team in a safe and professional manner
- Consistent attention to detail, and a dedication to excellence
- Ability to follow detailed instructions
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to communicate effectively internally and externally
- Able to use power tools such as: table saw, panel saw, radial arm saw, miter box saw, drill press, air guns routers, laminate routers, jointer/planer, biscuit joiner, sanders, and other common woodworking tools.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and able to adapt to changing situations
- Driver's License (Required)
- US work authorization (Required)
- Ability to work in a cold/warm warehouse environment around moving equipment and in various weather conditions
- Able to make precise measurements and calculations and to read a ruler to 1/16"
- Ability to stand on feet for 8 hours plus per day
- Must be able to lift 75 pounds at a time
- Must be able to squat, lift, stretch, and bend to reach all areas of products Must be able to work on ladders and overhead structures
Evolve is an equal opportunity employer. We consistently renew our commitment to creating and maintaining an inclusive workplace for all. Evolve does not discriminate against any applicant, employee, or partner due to race, gender, disability, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status. We foster integrity and respect within the workplace and believe the foundation of our success is our collective differences and diversity of thought. We welcome all to apply with Evolve to help us continue to build a community that promotes inclusion, opportunities, respect, and equity for everyone.
Evolve Concepts, Inc At A Glance
Classet is a skilled trades network. Once you have applied, A Classet recruiter will reach out within 24 hours to learn more about your career search! Classet helps everyone from experienced crafstmen & women to eager apprentices find new opportunities. We are here to help you find the right fit for your career.