As a family company, we serve people and communities. When you work at Meijer, you’re provided with career and community opportunities centered around leadership, personal growth and development. Consider joining our family – take care of your career and your community!
Paid parental leave
Paid education assistance
Care.com/back-up care assistance
Team member discount
Development programs for advancement and career growth
Improves, maintains and repairs all equipment used in manufacturing, production and packaging functions. Troubleshoots mechanical and process issues. Supports and executes plant specific maintenance strategies to achieve key plant performance goals. Partners with Maintenance Supervisor or Manager to review production goals and schedules as well as maintenance requests to plant or modify maintenance activities. Practices 200% Safety accountability (self and others). Practices 200% Safety accountability – self and others.
Please review the job profile below and apply today!
What You'll be Doing:
- Perform routine and emergency maintenance (major and minor) of equipment in a multi-vehicle environment including forklifts, sweepers, scrubbers, and various other types of equipment.
- Maintaining and repairing industrial DC batteries and chargers.
- Repairing AC & DC motors, hydraulics, pneumatics, and mechanical systems on various types of equipment.
- Works with the Maintenance Supervisor to maintain supplies through ordering and receiving chemicals, record usage and interaction with appropriate vendors.
- Maintain manufacturing and complex equipment by performing Preventative (PM), Predictive (PdM) and Corrective Maintenance to ensure maximum life expectancy of machinery.
- Notify appropriate leadership of unsafe, damaged work equipment and make recommendations regarding repair or replacement as needed.
- Suggests design improvements on existing and new equipment and systems.
- May provide training and direction to other technicians and operators as needed.
- Perform other duties as requested by Maintenance Supervisor/Manager.
- Relevant mechanical experience. Associates degree or certification in a technical field preferred.
- Hands-on mechanic experience, preferably in a food manufacturing or cold-storage setting.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to convey technical information to a non-technical audience.
- Knowledge and experience with Safe Quality Foods (SQF), Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), Lock Out/Tag Out (LOTO) and Lean Manufacturing process preferred.
- Ability to support and work with engineering on projects, equipment design, layout or re-design.
- Working knowledge of standard mechanical component maintenance and repair practices.
- Familiar with office technology tools (MS Office).
- Able to read and interpret blueprints and schematics.
- Ability to operate basic machining equipment (lathe, mill, drill press).
- Ability to work collaboratively with Meijer leadership.
Meijer At A Glance
Classet is a skilled trades network. Once you have applied, A Classet recruiter will reach out within 24 hours to learn more about your career search! Classet helps everyone from experienced crafstmen & women to eager apprentices find new opportunities. We are here to help you find the right fit for your career.