This job posting has expired, no longer accepting applications, or has been filled.
- Cleans and maintains buildings/facilities. Performs heavy cleaning duties, such as cleaning floors, shampooing rugs, washing walls and glass, and removing rubbish.
- Notifies managers concerning the need for minor or major repairs or additions to building operating systems.
- Establishes and maintains effective communication and working relationships with clients, co-workers, shift coordinators, supervisors, managers, etc.
- Complies with all safety, security, compliance, and quality standards and procedures established by the Company, Clients, and regulatory authorities.
- Cleaner must be flexible and willing to complete all tasks that are assigned.
- Cleans building floors by sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, or vacuuming them. Follows chemical cleaners and power equipment procedures to prevent damage to floors and fixtures.
- Moves cabinets, boxes, furniture, crates, and equipment to clean areas, either manually or by using hand trucks
- May remove stains from such surfaces as rugs, drapes, walls, and floors using chemicals and cleaning solutions. May also sweep walks, rake leaves, cut grass, remove snow or perform other incidental seasonal tasks.
- Mixes water and detergents or acids in containers to prepare cleaning solutions according to specifications.
- Strips, seals, finishes, and polishes floors
- Cleans and vacuums carpeted areas, including the application of spot cleaning treatment.
- Gathers and empties trash.
- Requisitions supplies and equipment needed for cleaning and maintenance duties.
- Monitors building security and safety by performing such tasks as locking doors after operating hours and possibly checking electrical appliance use to ensure that hazards are not created.
- May be expected to make basic repairs.
- Miscellaneous duties as assigned.
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must have a year of Floor Technician Experience
- Customer Service Experience
- 1 yr of similar work experience
ABM Industries At A Glance
Classet is a skilled trades network. Once you have applied, A Classet recruiter will reach out within 24 hours to learn more about your career search! Classet helps everyone from experienced crafstmen & women to eager apprentices find new opportunities. We are here to help you find the right fit for your career.