Fire Sprinkler Inspector
W&M Fire Protection, a subsidiary of Davis-Ulmer Sprinkler Company, is a full-service fire protection contractor with complete design, installation, and fabrication capability. W&M has proudly served the tri-state and New England areas for over 30 years and offers a challenging and rewarding work environment.
We believe that investing and empowering our employees as leaders, we will develop an organization that delivers innovative solutions and services that create a superior customer experience. The unique blend of our leader's abilities and the ownership of their work, combined with our culture and values, creates something that is simply described as the Davis-Ulmer difference.
As a result of continued growth, we are actively seeking candidates to fill an Experienced Fire Sprinkler Inspector role at our office in Holbrook, NY. As an Inspector, you will be responsible for performing inspections of fire protection systems per the NFPA.
Why work for W&M Protection?
- We offer competitive pay for experienced individuals.
- We are owned by the APi Group, a publicly traded, multi-billion-dollar corporation based in Minnesota. This is a benefit that provides financial support and backing, world-class training, and leadership development.
- We offer an industry leading benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, and other benefits.
- We are an engaged organization with strong and authentic values, with clear evidence of trust and fairness, where two-way promises and commitments are understood and fulfilled.
- We hire people whose values align with ours. This is a key element of our People/Talent Development Operating Code.
- We believe if you invest in the right people, you will create long-lasting professional relationships that benefit everyone.
What makes someone a successful Fire Sprinkler Inspector?
- Having a respectful and professional demeanor at all times
- Providing customers with exceptional service and being responsive to their needs
- Thoroughly completing Inspections Reports in a timely manner.
- Effectively communicating with our customers about their facility deficiencies
- Ensure customers are serviced at the highest level of satisfaction through quality courteous service, and applying experience, knowledge, and training.
- Utilizes an online scheduling calendar to receive and understand the individual scheduled tasks, customer locations, and maintain other company documents as required (timesheets, inspection reports, etc.)
- Maintain equipment, supplies, and company vehicle in good working order.
- Study and learn NFPA standards for the inspection and testing of fire protection systems. Stay current with code requirements, industry changes, and obtain NICET certifications.
- Complete in-house and manufacturer training programs as required.
- Good verbal / written communication & customer service skills
- Able to work with minimal supervision (after training period is completed)
- Mechanical & math aptitude
- Valid state driver’s license
W&M Fire Protection Services At A Glance
Classet is a skilled trades network. Once you have applied, A Classet recruiter will reach out within 24 hours to learn more about your career search! Classet helps everyone from experienced crafstmen & women to eager apprentices find new opportunities. We are here to help you find the right fit for your career.