Field Surveyor - Wixom, MI
Job ID: 488749
The Field Surveyor position will be responsible for assisting grade crews and asphalt crews with daily survey and layout needs, setting up and maintaining equipment for asphalt and grade crews for 3d grade control operations. This is an entry level to mid-level position.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Perform jobsite visits gathering site data, collecting measurements, and jobsite surveying, layouts, and staking.
- Perform post construction as-builts, surveying assistance in troubleshooting, and field records.
- Perform ride quality measurement utilizing Cadillac ride quality vehicle and equipment.
- Able to work flexible hours.
- Able to work with profilometer software.
- Jobsite, plant, and aggregate survey utilizing drones.
- Ensure a safe work environment in compliance with all safety policies and procedures.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
Bachelors or associates degree in Construction, Civil Engineering, or Geospatial Engineering.
- 1 year of experience in civil engineering, surveying, or equivalent combinations of technical training and/or experience.
Experience with Trimble, Topcon, Leica machine control and construction layout equipment a strong plus.
- Good problem-solving skills and strong attention to detail.
- Clean driving record.
- Ability to handle confidential information and maintain strict confidentiality.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Part 107 certified or ability to obtain commercial drone license.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Will require visiting job sites.
- May require some digging, gathering samples from job site.
- Will require period lifting up to 30 pounds.
- Will work between a standard office and field operations environment.
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
What CRH Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A diverse and inclusive culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH has a long and proud heritage. We are a collection of hundreds of family businesses, regional companies and large enterprises that together form the CRH family. CRH operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows you to work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of large international organization.
If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our official employment application. Please complete your online profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest!
Cadillac Asphalt, a CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability-If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Cadillac Asphalt, LLC At A Glance
Classet is a skilled trades network. Once you have applied, A Classet recruiter will reach out within 24 hours to learn more about your career search! Classet helps everyone from experienced crafstmen & women to eager apprentices find new opportunities. We are here to help you find the right fit for your career.