Field Service Technician Handyman/flooring
Location: Burbank, CA
Department: Facility Services
Job Position Classification
Field Service Technician-Handyman/flooring
We are currently seeking a skilled and experienced Commercial floor Repair & GC Technician to join our team. As a Commercial Floor Repair Technician, you will be responsible for performing various repairs, maintenance, and installation tasks on floors in commercial locations. This role requires a high level of expertise in assessing, diagnosing, and executing repairs for different types of flooring materials, including but not limited to hardwood, laminate, vinyl, tile, and carpet.
- Inspect, assess, and identify floor repair needs in commercial locations such as retail spaces, and other commercial establishments.
- Perform repairs, replacements, and installations of damaged or worn-out flooring materials, VCT, Vinyl, ceramic, sheet vinyl, hardwood, laminated, wall tiles, decorative tiles, decorative stones, carpet, cement/concrete flooring, epoxy flooring,
- Utilize appropriate tools and equipment to carry out repairs, ensuring high-quality workmanship.
- Prepare surfaces by cleaning, leveling, and smoothing before installation or repair.
- Measure and cut flooring materials to fit the designated areas accurately.
- Ensure compliance with safety standards and regulations while working on commercial premises.
- Collaborate with team members and other stakeholders to coordinate repair projects and ensure timely completion.
- Keep accurate records of repair activities, materials used, and project details.
- Provide excellent customer service by addressing client inquiries, concerns, and providing recommendations for floor maintenance and repair.
- Material procurement
- Commercial interior repairs such as but not limited to – painting, light plumbing, casework, framing, drywall, finish work, etc. (each hire will focus on their skilled trade sets and will not be responsible for all trades)
- Train customers on recommended facilities maintenance procedures
- Follow company guidelines and policies
- Provide service and customer support during field visits
- Tie workflow to schedule
- Manage all on site installation, repair, maintenance and test tasks
- Diagnose errors or technical problems and determine proper solutions
- Create lists of additional service requirements per site
- Document daily activity through various tracking systems
- Track company vehicle stock and maintain using best practice software system
- Maintain an organized and clean company vehicle
- Produce timely and detailed service reports and supply to in-house team
- Coach/tutor junior colleagues and trainees as necessary
- Document entire service processes through photos, mobile, and written
- Operate vehicle in a safely manner – obey all traffic laws
- Use field automation systems
- Recommendations to management
- Follow all company’s field procedures and protocols
- Protect self and others
- Cooperate with in house team and share information across the organization
- Comprehend customer requirements and make appropriate recommendations
- Build positive relationships with customers
- And other miscellaneous assigned job duties
- Arrive to site on time and complete work as efficiently as possible
- Recognize sales opportunities and communicate to in-house management team
Note: Maintco Corp. reserves the right to add or change duties at any time
· A minimum of 1 to 3 years of professional experience in Commercial Floor Repair Technician or similar role.
· Extensive knowledge of various flooring materials and their specific repair requirements.
· Proficiency in using floor repair tools and equipment.
· Comfortable in use of computers, email, tablets, and mobile phone applications.
- Effective and collaborative problem-solving skills to maximize customer service and satisfaction.
- Excellent communicator and team-builder, with strong interpersonal, negotiation, leadership, and organizational skills.
- Critical thinker, with good judgment and decision-making ability.
- Self-motivated, driven, high energy, and resilient.
- Proficient with speaking, reading, and writing in English.
- Relevant certifications or licenses (e.g., roofing certifications) are a plus.
- Proficient with speaking, reading, and writing in Spanish, a plus.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Maintco Corp. CSLB #696478 At A Glance
Classet is a skilled trades network. Once you have applied, A Classet recruiter will reach out within 24 hours to learn more about your career search! Classet helps everyone from experienced crafstmen & women to eager apprentices find new opportunities. We are here to help you find the right fit for your career.