Field Sales - Sales Account Manager
The Sales Account Manager will maintain current customer relationships and extend our reach through new and untapped business opportunities and relationships. The ideal candidate will identify opportunities in the marketplace to deliver success for customers and convert them into primary partnerships with Harvest Sherwood. Highly skilled at sales and business operations, this person will join and inspire a team of like-minded go-getters to achieve our company vision. This role is an individual contributor who partners with Business Development to acquire the customer, then own the relationship by maximizing selling opportunities at the retail level, consistent with company programs and strategies to positively influence the sale of Harvest Sherwood products.
The Account Manager will also be assigned duties, based on organizational needs and priorities.
- Meet and Exceed sales objectives, campaigns, and promotions. Identify trends and customer needs, building a short/medium/long-term sales pipeline in accordance with targets. This includes turning strategies into actionable plans using demand planning, forecasting requirements, and preparing annual budgets
- Leverage knowledge of the market to deliver customized solutions and strengthen customer partnerships. This position will utilize market intelligence to tailor programs to the customer's needs in order to drive Harvest Sherwood’s customers’ growth
- Assist in the development of proposals and presentations for new business meetings to create and nurture business opportunities and partnerships
- Understand the competition, their strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats. Also understand the customer segments and how Harvest Sherwood can provide a commercial difference to their business
- Contribute to the coordination and implementation of marketing strategies, including business awareness and lead generation
- Support deal structure and pricing with business value analysis; partner with team to negotiate prices for proactive bids and proposals
- Coordinate with other functional groups including the buying team to identify the right products to sell to the right customers at the right price
- Represent Harvest Sherwood in the community, providing positive exposure for the business
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function assigned satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 3 years’ progressive sales experience within the food distribution or similar industry
- Proven sales experience, including experience in developing and maintaining a sales campaign/strategy and delivering results in a B2B environment
- Superior communication and presentation skills
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Demonstrated initiative, urgency, commitment, and ability to manage multiple competing priorities simultaneously
- Demonstrated ability to manage conflict, build consensus and facilitate problem-solving and collaboration in a matrix environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- This role is a field-based role with limited office time. The incumbent must be able to travel throughout territory 75% of time as needed
- We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Harvest Sherwood At A Glance
Classet is a skilled trades network. Once you have applied, A Classet recruiter will reach out within 24 hours to learn more about your career search! Classet helps everyone from experienced crafstmen & women to eager apprentices find new opportunities. We are here to help you find the right fit for your career.