The Field Manager is responsible for ensuring exceptional retail service and execution, while maximizing sales of American Greetings products within a defined geographic area (territory). The Field Manager ensures that all programs and customer initiatives are implemented in assigned accounts to planned intent. Ultimately, the Field Manager is the face of the American Greetings brand in their territory and works to build strong relationships with the management and store personnel of the accounts for which they are responsible. The Field Manager is responsible for the hiring, onboarding, training, development and overall management of all part-time non-exempt staff within their assigned territory, which may range from 30-50 direct reports.
Territory boundaries are:
As part of the Field Sales Operations Team, you will:
- Lead a team of part-time associates to execute chain and corporate programs in order to maintain account standards and profitably maximize sales. Review sales performance to forecast in assigned accounts and implements programs to meet goals. Responsible to call on accounts within assigned territory as per established call frequencies.
- Manage a territory which generates approximately $15.1 million in sales and includes top accounts in stores such as Dollar General, Kroger, and Albertsons.
- Build and maintain a good relationship with managers, owners, and other personnel within assigned accounts, while conforming to all established company policies, procedures, and terms of sales.
- Manage the Merchandiser Service Cycle to maintain account standards and maximize sales volume at store level.
- Effectively execute and maintain regular work with schedules with merchandisers to ensure displays are set up and maintained to corporate and chain standards using the approved service budgets.
- Interview, hire, and train direct reports, maintaining compliance with all recruitment and onboarding laws and regulations, and Company policies and processes. Provide ongoing coaching and performance feedback to associates and partner with District Manager and Human Resources as needed on employment related matters.
- Coordinate set-ups for new accounts and revisions.
- Responsible for achieving the annual territory sales forecast, service model goals and key metrics as well as managing expense, merchandiser, and credit budgets.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
We offer: Competitive Salary, Company Car, Tablet, iPhone, Full Benefits, 401K Retirement Plan
- 3 or more years retail experience in a supervisory/managerial role.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Energetic, self-motivated and results oriented with a clear focus on high performance.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Ability to influence and collaborate, both internally and externally
- Computer experience required, including proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word
- Excellent organizational skills, demonstrated effective time management and communication, including the ability to multi-task
- Attention to detail and timely follow up is essential.
- Capable of working independently with minimal supervision, and managing frequently changing priorities
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to a retail environment and a home-based office environment.
- Extensive travel within the assigned territory will be up to 90% of the time. Travel outside the territory will be required as needed.
- May require extensive time driving in a vehicle
- Will be required to travel overnight, by car and/or by plane.
Career Site Category
American Greetings At A Glance
Classet is a skilled trades network. Once you have applied, A Classet recruiter will reach out within 24 hours to learn more about your career search! Classet helps everyone from experienced crafstmen & women to eager apprentices find new opportunities. We are here to help you find the right fit for your career.